Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 06:39 PM

787 posts, read 968,418 times

Advertisements

We just got approved for a 2br 2.5 bath town home right off Fairburn rd near Cascade rd just outside 285. I think we got a good deal at $775/month? Other town homes in that area/same complex are going for $950 and up. My wife and I are very excited, we love the location, plenty of shopping on Cascade rd, 10mins from Camp Creek Market Place, and less than 5mins from 285, plus its not 285 dependent, my wife can get to her job in Smyrna in less than 20mins (no traffic) via MLK/Fulton Industrial, or Discovery blvd.

I know when a lot of people hear Fairburn rd they think ghetto, and from what ive seen some parts are especially when you go towards MLK/Adamsville but where our town home is located near the Cascade shopping center it does not seem that bad at all; lots of huge beautiful homes in the area, plenty of nature, Mays High School has a nice track and field to exercise on, seems like a nice area; but looks can be deceiving in the ATL, just want to hear CD's opinion on the area, we'll probably end up getting it no matter what yall say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 07:39 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,180 times
Congrats on the new house. Cascade/Fairburn is a nice area..if and when I move back to Atlanta that is where I'm headed. Hopefully it hasnt gotten to crowded by then

Old 01-07-2015, 06:08 AM

651 posts, read 1,562,063 times
fairburn (if south of cascade) is fine.

north of cascade (to MLK) is a different story.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:55 AM

284 posts, read 590,368 times
Welcome to the beautiful Cascade area! We live on the other side of the nature preserve (moved here in 2007 from Midtown).

If you love nature you are in the perfect place! The nature preserve, the boat rock boulders and trails, Lionel Hampton, Utoy Boulder Park, etc. The apartments on the hill by Starbucks seem a little iffy, but I think most of the Cascade corridor near 285 is fairly quiet. Watch out for deer in the early mornings and evenings as I've come across several on Fairburn Rd coming back from Camp Creek.

I go to the Starbucks often (one of the busiest I've ever seen!) and love to ride around some of the older lake neighborhoods between Cascade and Camp Creek. It is mind-boggling how huge some of the newer "estates" are that have cropped up next to the old farmhouses.

Spoiler

And shhh about our 285 alternates to Smyrna/Vinings...its our secret!

Old 01-07-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoez View Post
fairburn (if south of cascade) is fine.

north of cascade (to MLK) is a different story.
Yeah true, i believe thats Adamsville, my wife has to go that way to work if she wants to avoid 285 which she does. but she's just driving through, that's the only time we would go that way.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:28 PM

Thanks yall, we just put down a deposit, the move in date is Feb 2nd. We're so excited to be living in such a good area in Atlanta, no more telling people we in Atlanta but we really stay in Austell/Marietta, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta