U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-05-2008, 06:09 PM

8 posts, read 32,189 times
Default Midtown Atlanta

My husband and I recently started a blog where we track the developments in Midtown, among other things. Here is the link: http://AroundMidtown.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:04 PM

9,095 posts, read 19,608,133 times
Nice blog. You might want to add the Midtown Mile link to your links area, too: Atlanta's Midtown Mile (http://www.midtownmile.org/ - broken link)

Unread 01-05-2008, 08:45 PM

8 posts, read 32,189 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion and compliment! I am really excited about the Midtown Mile. We just added the link to our blogroll.

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:24 PM

25,443 posts, read 42,370,916 times
It's wonderful that there are folks like you promoting residential growth in Atlanta's core. From what I have seen via Virtual Earth much of Greater Atlanta, including my aunt and uncle's home in Acworth, consists of endless low-density suburban growth. Encouraging more of these folks to move back into the city with all of your wonderful articles is quite commendable. In the long-term increasing density in the city core will have great benefits---the city's tax base will receive a much-needed boost to permit city officials to wisely spend those additional revenues to hire more police officers and to improve other city services and amenities in order to make Atlanta a better city. One gripe I have about Atlanta is that for a metro area of 5,100,000 its skyline is quite disappointing. It's grass-roots efforts such as yours that will encourage developers to build high-rise residential towers in Downtown and Midtown that will bring more 24/7 foot traffic into town to deter criminal activity, improve the nightlife scene, and to add more depth and variety to the skyline. More suburbanites moving into the city will also encourage greater MARTA ridership and less congested freeways---leading ultimately to less air pollution. I enjoy your site very much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta