U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: West Cobb County, GA (Atlanta metro)
9,125 posts, read 21,174,203 times
Reputation: 4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiesma View Post
Sometimes very good honest people get in to difficulties like illness. Most who are responsible will do anything legal to keep the roof over their heads but sometimes their credit and finances take a hit along the way.

I've never lived in a "bad credit ok" place only in ones where we were screened very carefully and let me tell you, there were deadbeats being evicted every week.
Yes, well, this is why I had pointed out earlier that anything can happen to someone to cause a low score, and I said the following: "However, if you have an entire apartment complex and advertise "bad credit ok", I'll be willing to bet some dollars that not a ton of your neighbors are going to be "nice people who just happen to have low scores". Most likely you'll be surrounded by a certain number of illegal immigrants, and/or people who don't exactly respect their neighbors. Emphasis on "not a ton of your neighbors" - meaning that yes, some people there are those with bad events that have happened to them - others, will be deadbeats. And you will probably have a HIGHER number of deadbeats in a place like that than you will in a heavily screen place, although agreed, there will be deadbeats in every walk of life and every income/credit level as well.


To the OP - you had asked about a cosigner, and yes, some places will allow you to have a cosigner with good credit sign in your name. Keep in mind that the cosigner becomes completely responsible for you though. If you ever skip rent or aren't able to pay it, it's their responsibility to do so, or it will hurt their credit rating, so it's not exactly easy to get someone to do that for you (but if you have someone lined up, go for it if that's your only option).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 AM
 
1 posts, read 21,585 times
Reputation: 18
Default no credit check possibility

I just stumbled upon this site doing some research. I want to reply to OP - cecesarcia. and jessiesma.

I work for an investor who rents especially to individuals with bad credit. He has a great heart and wants to help as many people as he can. I have been to a few of the properties and will be working with him to help his renters repair their credit. Not only is the rent affordable but you can buy the house if you choose to in time. I help with the credit repair. I have the capability of helping the renters get rid of the debt and get into a house (in time, it is a process). I totally understand how good gets bad. I have personal experience with it.

So my employer does post on craigslist in atlanta. There are many properties to choose from. You can call him or me.

to jessiesma....throughout the educational process of eliminating my collection debt, I discovered alot about the CBs and now I can help so many others in this depressing situation. Thank you for your post and let more people know about that. Cash is the best way to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 04:03 PM
 
2 posts, read 42,478 times
Reputation: 11
Default I need a rental soon!

I am moving to the Marietta/Kennesaw area next week. I have had some credit issues and need to rent a house. So do you think you can help me out?


Quote:
Originally Posted by thomthom View Post
I just stumbled upon this site doing some research. I want to reply to OP - cecesarcia. and jessiesma.

I work for an investor who rents especially to individuals with bad credit. He has a great heart and wants to help as many people as he can. I have been to a few of the properties and will be working with him to help his renters repair their credit. Not only is the rent affordable but you can buy the house if you choose to in time. I help with the credit repair. I have the capability of helping the renters get rid of the debt and get into a house (in time, it is a process). I totally understand how good gets bad. I have personal experience with it.

So my employer does post on craigslist in atlanta. There are many properties to choose from. You can call him or me.

to jessiesma....throughout the educational process of eliminating my collection debt, I discovered alot about the CBs and now I can help so many others in this depressing situation. Thank you for your post and let more people know about that. Cash is the best way to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 06:30 PM
 
2,987 posts, read 4,702,121 times
Reputation: 1378
I'm just moving to GA from CA & found it really ridiculous that people in GA run credit for everything. Most people really need to rent their places out right now and are a little desperate. But I am really against people running my credit when it is not necessary. If you are dealing with a private owner, meet with them, inform them of your interest in the place, when they get to the part where they want to run your credit just tell them you don't feel comfortable with that. Let them do a background check on you if they'd like, fill out an application so that they can check your employment status & references, and there is some sort of renters history they can check to make sure you don't have any evictions or caused a nuisance. If all else fails, let them run your credit and plead your case (tell you had credit issues but are now more responsible and are trying to improve your credit). Most people probably don't even know what they are looking at when reviewing someone's credit anyways and if you are renting they already know you most likely have not so good credit anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
 
2 posts, read 42,478 times
Reputation: 11
Default It's Driving Me Crazy

Yes, its driving me crazy!!! They don't run your credit for everything in Florida either...Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I'm just moving to GA from CA & found it really ridiculous that people in GA run credit for everything. Most people really need to rent their places out right now and are a little desperate. But I am really against people running my credit when it is not necessary. If you are dealing with a private owner, meet with them, inform them of your interest in the place, when they get to the part where they want to run your credit just tell them you don't feel comfortable with that. Let them do a background check on you if they'd like, fill out an application so that they can check your employment status & references, and there is some sort of renters history they can check to make sure you don't have any evictions or caused a nuisance. If all else fails, let them run your credit and plead your case (tell you had credit issues but are now more responsible and are trying to improve your credit). Most people probably don't even know what they are looking at when reviewing someone's credit anyways and if you are renting they already know you most likely have not so good credit anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
 
Location: West Cobb County, GA (Atlanta metro)
9,125 posts, read 21,174,203 times
Reputation: 4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasotagirl View Post
I am moving to the Marietta/Kennesaw area next week. I have had some credit issues and need to rent a house. So do you think you can help me out?
Sarasotagirl,

You replied to an existing thread that was over 5 months old and pretty much "dead".

If you wish to have more folks see your post, you want to create a new topic/thread and post your question that way. 95% of people won't even read this because it's an old thread. For future reference, dates of posts are in the upper-left corner of each posting so you'll know how old they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 06:25 AM
 
1 posts, read 16,919 times
Reputation: 14
Cool Ignorant responses

Ms. Lady I have never read so many non resourceful, ignorant responses in my life. There are PLENTY of places in Atlanta that don't and they aren't in bad neighborhoods, you just have to get the right magazines. It shouldn't matter what race of people stay there unless you have a race issue. i've seen ALL races in them. They were VERY nice and I don't live in a bad area or came from one. I had the same problem because I helped out a few friends and family members with a place in my name before I was actually ready to get on my own, therefore my credit was screwed on the count of other people and someone filed fake taxes in my name which put an enormous lean on me from the bank until the issue was resolved. Don't be ignorant when you search that would be my advice. There are also nice complexes that have second chance programs. One thing I see now is that I would never ask anyone on here for any type of advice. THAT IS A NO GO. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEARCH. TTHE STORES AND ESTABLISHMENTS AROUND THE EMORY CAMPUS CARRY THESE TYPE OF MAGAZINES. HOW DO I KNOW? I AM A MANAGER AT A STORE ON NORTH DECATUR ROAD AND THAT IS WHERE I FOUND MY "NON-CREDIT CHECK" APARTMENT. I LOVE IT. IM IN ALPHARETTA LIVING IN IT NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM
 
1 posts, read 16,045 times
Reputation: 12
Default apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecesarcia View Post
I AM LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT WITH NO CREDIT CHECK WITHIN THE ATLANTA AREA. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS IF YOU KNOW OF ANY PLACES CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM LOOKING TO MOVE ASAP SO PLEASE IF YOU KNOW OF ANY PLACES THAT HAS NO CREDIT CHECK PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT cecesarcia at yahoo dot com THANK YOU I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Ihave a place for rent. If you are still interested send me a message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
 
876 posts, read 1,128,264 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmneville View Post
Ihave a place for rent. If you are still interested send me a message
Disregard. Please note: this is an old thread from 2008. The person never came back to post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
 
1 posts, read 13,905 times
Reputation: 10
Default looking for housing

I'm looking for something that does not require a background check nor a credit check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top