Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:42 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times

Advertisements

Today I decided Atlanta is where I will be put to rest. I love this town!!! It's not perfect, but it's for me. How many of you feel the same? Are you here for a job, and feel you will move on soon, or this your home? If you are nearing retirement age, will Atlanta be where you will remain to enjoy your golden years, or will you be one of the many to migrate to good old Florida? Any soon to be empty nesters? Will you stay here after the kids go off to college or relocate? Or maybe you're a transplant and have decided Atlanta is the final stop because it's everything you need it to be.....

So let's hear it; who's in till the end???!
Attached Thumbnails
Who's here for the long haul??-i-m-not-going-anywhere-standard  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 05:45 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
We'd be happy to stay in the area, but with a smaller house. Everything being built around us in North Fulton is huge. Where are the small house builders?

Old 01-29-2015, 05:46 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RtWbj-67M

Old 01-29-2015, 05:49 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times
WARNING....at least 2 trolls that no longer llive in Atlanta plus other trolls are going to come in here and hijack this thread. Make sure you report anyone who isn't currently living in Atlanta as trolling when they come in here.

To answer your question me!!!

Old 01-29-2015, 05:56 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
We'd be happy to stay in the area, but with a smaller house. Everything being built around us in North Fulton is huge. Where are the small house builders?
I love the older 20s - 40s bungalows. My grandparents raised 7 kids in ~1,200 sq ft. I don't feel like I need any more. You should check out intown locations on the east side. You can find smaller older and newer houses around there.

To answer OP's question: I have realized this is home. I may still end up living some where else for short periods or some lengthy international traveling, but I have realized this is where I will always return. It is just too perfect of a city for a "home base". You have great access to the world, can find about any lifestyle you want, and have a good quality of life for a low cost of living.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:50 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Haha...yes.

Once all your sweet babies are out of the house, just move to another part of the metro area.

My father did that...he has a nice ranch condo in the southern Canton Road corridor of Cobb County. My brother's family now lives in our "core" East Cobb house.

My father's location is very convenient to a lot of amenities.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:52 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
You couldn't blast me out of here.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:59 PM

696 posts, read 1,301,691 times
I moved here about six months ago. Mid-thirties single professional male, I have been a nomadic individual most of my life and have lived in various cities all over the East Coast, finally feel like settling down and really like / feel "at home" in Atlanta. The weather, the people, the city and the surrounding mountains, cities etc. and the international airport (I like to travel big time...within USA and internationally) all fit well into my lifestyle and the kinds of thing I like (except the traffic but oh well something's always gotta give). Just started looking for a condo near Midtown/Lenox/Virginia Highlands etc. and probably will buy one by early Summer. I am here for the long haul for sure. See y'all around !!

Old 01-29-2015, 07:02 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
Love everything except the traffic. My soul is connected here.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:16 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
I am committed to Kirkwood and Atlanta. My wife and I want to be part of the renaissance of Atlanta. We bought our forever house and work hard in our neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta