Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 11:15 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Urbanized areas includes the core city(ies) and suburbs. The point is when you live in a large city, i.e. large urbanized area, there will higher likelihood of crime occurring due the sheer mass of people in a concentrated area.

I don't know the purpose of the rest of your post other than pontificating something, but whatever the point was it was lost on me nor worth responding to because it seems like a non sequitur.
But "urbanized" area doesn't change when you move an imaginary city boundary.

So you really believe if my house is in Uni-DeKalb and on the border with Brookhaven, crime will spike if I have it annexed into Brookhaven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 12:52 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times
Uh ok, you are still going on that random tangent doesn't make any sense. If you are drawing that conclusion from my statements then we have nothing else to talk about, goodbye...

Old 04-08-2015, 01:14 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Uh ok, you are still going on that random tangent doesn't make any sense. If you are drawing that conclusion from my statements then we have nothing else to talk about, goodbye...
I think you don't even know what you are talking about. Just trying to somehow inject the fear that if Lavista Hills incorporates or if the rest of Druid Hills annexes into CoA suddenly they will see crime spikes like major urban areas saw in the 80s. But I will let you just drop it and back away if you want, since if anything these new cities and annexations will probably result in better police protection and lower crime.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:28 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I think you don't even know what you are talking about. Just trying to somehow inject the fear that if Lavista Hills incorporates or if the rest of Druid Hills annexes into CoA suddenly they will see crime spikes like major urban areas saw in the 80s. But I will let you just drop it and back away if you want, since if anything these new cities and annexations will probably result in better police protection and lower crime.
Deflecting, but still none of your posts about crime and municipal boundaries makes absolutely no sense to me or anyone who is reading it. I'm not even going try to understand that incoherent ramblings about fear, crime, and Atlanta, but whatever you say...

Old 04-19-2015, 05:13 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
LaVista Hills Cityhood Proposal Moves Forward, despite Border Disputes | Atlanta Progressive News
Tucker and Lavista Hills are moving on to a vote in November despite the border dispute.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:43 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,521,595 times
I so hate LaVista Hills.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:51 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I so hate LaVista Hills.
It'd be good to explain why, before people like me vote on the proposal this November.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:04 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
LaVista Hills Cityhood Proposal Moves Forward, despite Border Disputes | Atlanta Progressive News
Tucker and Lavista Hills are moving on to a vote in November despite the border dispute.
Tucker and Lavista Hills no longer have a border dispute. The article you posted is about a border dispute between Lavista Hills and Atlanta.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Tucker and Lavista Hills no longer have a border dispute. The article you posted is about a border dispute between Lavista Hills and Atlanta.
Kind of a ridiculous article.

There is no border dispute. Atlanta's bill didn't pass either house. It didn't even come up for a vote. And as pointed out above, there is no border dispute with Tucker-its been resolved even if neither side is 100% happy.

When you look at the Senate map for LaVista Hills, you can see where areas to the west and south were removed from the House map in order to agree with the TIA map for Atlanta annexation. There's a weird "tail" on the LVH map that first appeared on the Atlanta map as an unincorporated peninsula. So clearly, that was done to match the Atlanta annexation. If there is any remaining overlap, its trivial.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,260 times
This needs to stop. We can never work together as a region if we keep dividing ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta