Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 04:02 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,143,261 times

Advertisements

Public Service Announcement for all of those Families that Really want to be in Sarah Smith. Here you go.

I keep telling everyone you just have to watch the MLS and you can get deals.

Semi-new Buckhead home with 5 bedrooms and gated community in Sarah Smith Elem school district that everyone is so crazy about for 550,000.

13 Wieuca Trace. It came on the market this morning. Better hurry. It's obvious the sellers are somewhat motivated. If I were you, I'd call my agent on his/her cell right now (at 6am) and tell them to fax in an offer sight unseen (but there are pics - a simple Google of the address will bring it up) for 550K or 575K right now with all the contingencies in place to lock up the property. Then if the appraiser says comps say lower, I'd re-negotiate while under contract.

I would consider taking it myself and selling n two years for a profit (and without an agent) but I'm holding too many properties right now that I don't plan to unload until the summer bc they are still appreciating too fast.

I should be getting a commission for this. Thank me later. And I'm not even a house hunter.

Good luck families.

Last edited by LovelySummer; 02-05-2015 at 04:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 09:26 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,058 times
At that price and neighborhood, I think they are fishing for multiple offers. Good luck to those that can afford this; it certainly is not me! ;0)

Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM

95 posts, read 214,426 times
its on zillow for 28 days

Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,991,836 times
And backs up to 400--I think that is the reason why it is selling for dirt cheap. Probably can't hear yourself think in there.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:01 AM

Oh wow. I had not driven by the actual location. Wow. Although I imagine there are probably alot of people that will take the house anyway at that price to be in Sarah Smith. People seem to do all kinds of things to get into that school district.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
And backs up to 400--I think that is the reason why it is selling for dirt cheap. Probably can't hear yourself think in there.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 AM

I believe it was listed then taken down then re-listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stup123 View Post
its on zillow for 28 days

Old 02-09-2015, 08:05 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,859,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlJan View Post
I've looked at houses backing up to 400. The ones I've seen were surprisingly quiet. You almost didn't know the freeway was there. Don't know about this one.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:21 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I've looked at houses backing up to 400. The ones I've seen were surprisingly quiet. You almost didn't know the freeway was there. Don't know about this one.
I agree. There are plenty of million dollar plus homes backing up to both 400 and 75. People want those intown locations.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,423,221 times
You can live just outside of city limits and the savings on taxes and water bills would easily offset most private schools with a better environment.

That and you wouldn't subject your kids to hanging out with ultra competitive nutso's (parents, not the kids). Actually, you'd probably have to avoid many of the private to avoid this as well. I know good people at that school. But know plenty of crazies as well. You can find them at NYO on the weekends as well.

Would much rather look at Heards Ferry or even some of the Dekalb schools that border Sarah Smith's district.

We're looking in a price range that would get us to that district. However, I am consciously avoiding it.

Last edited by ATL Golfer; 02-09-2015 at 08:52 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 09:23 AM

If you think the parents at Heards Ferry are any different than those at Sarah Smith, you're in for a rude awakening. That part of Sandy Springs is just as expensive as that part of Sarah Smith and the classroom situation is worse because Heards Ferry convinced all of the parents that were sending their kids to the privates that they should pull them out and send them to Heards Ferry. Voila 25+ kids in a class suddenly, and no where near the foundation that Sarah Smith has to deal with it. I'm speaking as a person who has known parents in Heards Ferry for years - before the mass private school exodus and after. Some of the classes have almost 30 kids.

Better look a bit more before making such assumptions about what's what. LOL. Crossing 285 doesn't mean anything in some cases. This being one of them.

I won't even comment on the funding situation in Dekalb schools. I'm hopeful it will drastically improve because the children deserve better.

ETA: I am making no negative comment about either set of parents - just saying there is no real difference in the wealth, demographics, educational viewpoints, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
You can live just outside of city limits and the savings on taxes and water bills would easily offset most private schools with a better environment.

That and you wouldn't subject your kids to hanging out with ultra competitive nutso's (parents, not the kids). Actually, you'd probably have to avoid many of the private to avoid this as well. I know good people at that school. But know plenty of crazies as well. You can find them at NYO on the weekends as well.

Would much rather look at Heards Ferry or even some of the Dekalb schools that border Sarah Smith's district.

We're looking in a price range that would get us to that district. However, I am consciously avoiding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta