Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:30 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,764,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I asked earlier of the cross streets will connect to Peachtree Dunwoody, if they only connect to Hammond or perimeter center Pkwy, then it warrants criticism.
Not really... Not of that particular development. Ironically, it even has cross streets on the development.

But mostly it is also a by hypocritical when something is done to change an area with existing issues in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs you put it down, but the Beltline that previously had issues is praised.

The other issue to bring up is your actual argument was attacking its urbanity.

I have to point out that it is 71 units/acre with mixed retail next to transit. It is in direct walking distance of millions of square feet of office and jobs.

Compare that to large lots in the that are better characterized as an older suburb where most jobs are at a distance away. Don't get me wrong their a wonderful neighborhood, but I have to make the extreme comparison, since you only seem to be fixated on square neighborhood streets.

When talking about urbanization there is still a very large importance on proximity, size, and mixed-use your side-stepping here.

Last edited by cwkimbro; 02-05-2015 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: Edit: its in Dunwoody, not Sandy Springs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 07:48 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Let's get real. This is a spectacular, transit-oriented urban project that any city would give its eye teeth to have. It sure beats the heck out of some of the junk that's been going up in the city of Atlanta.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Not really... Not of that particular development. Ironically, it even has cross streets on the development.

But mostly it is also a by hypocritical when something is done to change an area with existing issues in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs you put it down, but the Beltline that previously had issues is praised.

The other issue to bring up is your actual argument was attacking its urbanity.

I have to point out that it is 71 units/acre with mixed retail next to transit. It is in direct walking distance of millions of square feet of office and jobs.

Compare that to large lots in the that are better characterized as an older suburb where most jobs are at a distance away. Don't get me wrong their a wonderful neighborhood, but I have to make the extreme comparison, since you only seem to be fixated on square neighborhood streets.

When talking about urbanization there is still a very large importance on proximity, size, and mixed-use your side-stepping here.
Still most people will deive, it will have 1300 more spaces than AS, and it will be dumping those cars onto the Hammond/Perimeter center Pkwy intersection. I applaud it for being across the street from a station.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:17 PM

364 posts, read 418,107 times
Umm it connects as best it can to the existing streets. 2 of the cross streets extend almost to the property edge

http://www.hgor.com/wp-content/uploa...t-Page-One.pdf

They can't magically force owners of adjacent properties to build roads adjoining to their roads, but maybe as adjacent lots get redeveloped the other developers will extend the roads further.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:53 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Let's get real. This is a spectacular, transit-oriented urban project that any city would give its eye teeth to have. It sure beats the heck out of some of the junk that's been going up in the city of Atlanta.
I'd like it better if they dropped about 75% of the proposed number of parking spaces.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:57 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
I'd like it better if they dropped about 75% of the proposed number of parking spaces.
Yep. Unfortunately big parking seems to be de rigeur for projects in our town.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:03 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,116,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Yep. Unfortunately big parking seems to be de rigeur for projects in our town.
Thank you outdated minimum parking requirements.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Wow! My body part just grew

Old 02-05-2015, 09:25 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,897 times
When one thinks of the major commercial areas in town, one does one think of?

Midtown. Downtown. Buckhead. Perimeter.

Yes, Perimeter. That place is quickly establishing itself as a booming commercial center. And it doesn't look like the growth is stopping any time soon. In fact, it's just getting going.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:31 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Welcome to High Street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta