Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM

209 posts, read 276,432 times

Advertisements

The flexibility of funding could be good or bad for transit- if a pro-transit Georgia assembly is under the dome (and that appears to be the case at the moment) they could contribute MORE than 100M to transit. But if a less transit-friendly Georgia congress is under the dome, there would be no wording to stop them from earmarking less than 100M to transit, or none at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 12:32 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I swear the State of Georgia is stuck in 1970's with their mindset toward transit. Three million people have move here since the 70's and still no urgency for transit funding, what a backwards and slow State government. Why does the Gov. continued to recruit new companies to metro Atlanta to be stuck in traffic. A extra hour going and coming from work on the interstate is not a good look.

This reminds me. I was at the South metro Development Outlook Conference yesterday. One of the Sessions was on transportation. A gentleman from henry County's Chamber of Commerce unveiled a gigantic bazillion dollar scheme to alleviate commutes to Henry. it basically involved turning the median for 75 into reversible toll lanes.

*sigh*

Old 02-19-2015, 01:55 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
This reminds me. I was at the South metro Development Outlook Conference yesterday. One of the Sessions was on transportation. A gentleman from henry County's Chamber of Commerce unveiled a gigantic bazillion dollar scheme to alleviate commutes to Henry. it basically involved turning the median for 75 into reversible toll lanes.

*sigh*
GDOT is already building that project south of I-675.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:57 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
GDOT is already building that project south of I-675.

yeah - I know that now. I wasn't aware of it at the time, and he made it sound new and exciting with this presentation with all sorts of animated renderings. I just thought it was a phenomenal waste. But maybe those lanes will at least be there to convert to Rail or BRT in the future. Which is more planning than has happened elsewhere.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:06 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
yeah - I know that now. I wasn't aware of it at the time, and he made it sound new and exciting with this presentation with all sorts of animated renderings. I just thought it was a phenomenal waste. But maybe those lanes will at least be there to convert to Rail or BRT in the future. Which is more planning than has happened elsewhere.
Don't bet on it. Maybe run express buses on it as they do on 85 HOT lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: