Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 890 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I currently live in NJ and will remain here until my son graduates high school in three years (excellent school system). I completely abhor the cold and would like to make a break from Jersey as soon as my son graduates. He is contemplating colleges in the South so it would make sense for us.

Tried Florida for a couple of years and returned to Jersey because the schools were awful (the "good" ones), and someone broke into a neighbor's home while we all slept (yikes!). I live in an EXTREMELY safe part of New Jersey (Morris country) and would like to live in a similar location in the Atlanta area/Georgia.

Salary here is only $50k, and I'm an executive assistant in commercial real estate banking/investment. Thinking of doing nursing or court reporting in the next three years in order to increase my chances of employment. Any suggestions on what jobs are in high demand in the Atlanta area? I don't need to live that close to Atlanta. In fact, Atlanta is not REALLY a factor (unless you think it is for employability purposes), I'm open to any area in Georgia that has pretty hills, safety, employment, and diversity (African American, Hispanic).

I don't necessarily have to buy, renting would also be okay. And would like museums, parks, live music, culture (especially AA), etc. not ridiculously far away.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 10:46 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,007 times
Morrow, Georgia: Safe, diverse, cute, trail system, affordable mostly mid-century homes, convenient to job centers, Look up their web site.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:19 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,746,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Morrow, Georgia: Safe, diverse, cute, trail system, affordable mostly mid-century homes, convenient to job centers, Look up their web site.
If you move to Morrow, demand that you get your child in honor/advanced classes because regular classes in Clayton County are sorry. You might want to get your child in a charter school also. Otherwise the area isn't bad, but I think you'll feel better moving to places like Inman Park, Virginia Highland, and similar neighborhoods in the city. What's your budget for housing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta