Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:13 PM

2,432 posts, read 3,820,797 times

Advertisements

Once the western portion of the beltline is complete, how much do you think it will raise property values in the West End, Westview, Adair Park, Washington Park, etc. if at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 09:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 5,394,376 times
I purchased my home in Historic West End on the beltline for 165,000 in June 2013. Recently sold homes and comps around me today is for 230,000. There also is a current expansion of the beltline in my area that is on-going. Home values will only continue to increase.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 AM

209 posts, read 274,729 times
I just found out there's a new music venue south of the BeltLine in Adair Park called Kaleidoscape. It does warehouse parties and shows. It's the first I've heard of a music venue in that area.

I drove through Historic West End, and yeah, those houses are gorgeous.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:32 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,722,390 times
The best investments are Adair Park. The price point is low enough and that neighborhood has a strong organization that is improving things. Good housing stock and plenty of greenspaces.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:44 AM
bu2

23,874 posts, read 14,671,818 times
The Beltline doesn't guarantee anything. It will be an enhancement to whatever is going on already. It will accelerate appreciation, but if nothing is going on, it will continue to be nothing going on. Any number times zero is still zero.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,467,211 times
^^^Are you even familiar with these areas? These areas are quickly becoming hubs of activities day and night.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 AM

209 posts, read 274,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The Beltline doesn't guarantee anything. It will be an enhancement to whatever is going on already. It will accelerate appreciation, but if nothing is going on, it will continue to be nothing going on. Any number times zero is still zero.
I would consider the BeltLine to be something going on. Also, Streets Alive is going to be in West End this year on April 19th.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 AM

371 posts, read 454,069 times
Quote:
"if nothing is going on" doesn't really apply to this area. As previously mentioned, home values are already increasing here. There have been a lot of new residents moving into renovated homes in the West End. I'm hoping to get in here before the Beltline is finished. *fingers crossed*
I'd just like to learn more about the upkeep of historic homes.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:20 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,729,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
"if nothing is going on" doesn't really apply to this area. As previously mentioned, home values are already increasing here. There have been a lot of new residents moving into renovated homes in the West End. I'm hoping to get in here before the Beltline is finished. *fingers crossed*
I'd just like to learn more about the upkeep of historic homes.
This poster seems to think the Beltline is no mre than a "trail".He tried to equate it with other trails in other cites that were no where near the size and scope of the BeltLine.

Most people are very familiar with the effect of something like the BeltLine.It is "THE" thing that is going on that brings all the development around it.

Im sure he has never stepped foot in many of the historic neighborhoods in the are judging from his response.

I lived in the Westend in the early 2000's and have friends still there whom I visit regularly and I can tell you that if you can put up with a little a lower income area with social ills,you will be glad you did in a few years to come.
Think of the area as an up and coming Kirkwood.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,729,665 times
Quote:
It is your complete assumption not grouned in anything factual that the BelltLine is not what it was designed to be.
Which is according to The BeltLine website is:
Quote:
The Atlanta BeltLine is the most comprehensive transportation and economic development effort ever undertaken in the City of Atlanta and among the largest, most wide-ranging urban redevelopment programs currently underway in the United States.

Quote:
the Beltline is designed to improve transportation, add green space, and promote redevelopment.
Now what about that is NOT something going on is not clear?Hardly a 'zero" sum game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta