Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:42 AM

10 posts, read 8,511 times

Advertisements

Best community college in Atlanta for healthcare administration or management. I just really want to attend a good school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 11:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Honestly, I don't think too much of the community colleges in Atlanta. They are all pretty much the same IMO and not all that good but IMO most community colleges aren't good due to making you take "remedial" classes based on an assessment and you having to waste financial aid on those classes many times . But Atlanta Metro is very cheap and it does allow you to transfer to a better university later on and have the majority of your credits transfer over. Georgia Perimeter college is the same.

What type of healthcare administration or management position are you looking to get into? HR or some sort of healthcare field (RN/LPN/OT/ etc) with added administration or management duties. You can always look to the 4 year traditional state/public colleges universities. Atlanta metro is a 4 year college now but they only offer 4 year degrees in specific fields. I would think that Georgia State would be a better option than them though due to having more of a network for jobs/etc.

In any case, I think you need to speak to a guidance counselor if you are still in high school, if not, you may want to speak to admissions coordinators at your top choices and seeing if it would be a good fit for you and your goals.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM

446 posts, read 677,907 times
I say Chattahoochee Tech in Marietta and Atlanta Metro College. i have also heard nice things about Gwinnett Tech

Old 03-03-2015, 11:31 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Join the Air Force.

To answer your question the best one is one that is close to you

Old 03-03-2015, 11:57 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times
Clayton State has an excellent reputation in the Community College realm.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:42 AM

10 posts, read 8,511 times
Thanks for the replies...I'm going for the business aspect of heath care. I currently live in fayetteville nc...so im really thinking about going to school out here I have been researching the schools for the health care administration field and they are very good. I have always wanted to move to ATL but I think that it's better for me to move there once I have my degree. ..I know that the job market out there isn't all that great. I don't want to put myself and my child in the position to struggle. Thanks for all the replies. City data is awesome...because of the honest replies

Old 03-04-2015, 08:33 AM

446 posts, read 677,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keisha313 View Post
Thanks for the replies...I'm going for the business aspect of heath care. I currently live in fayetteville nc...so im really thinking about going to school out here I have been researching the schools for the health care administration field and they are very good. I have always wanted to move to ATL but I think that it's better for me to move there once I have my degree. ..I know that the job market out there isn't all that great. I don't want to put myself and my child in the position to struggle. Thanks for all the replies. City data is awesome...because of the honest replies

True...the job market is picking back up compared to 2012 when i moved to live in Bama(terrible mistake for me). The health care field is booming in metro atlanta from people i know and what i have been hearing

Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keisha313 View Post
Atlanta is suppose to get 150k jobs this year but it will be better to move here once you are done with school

Old 03-04-2015, 10:00 AM

371 posts, read 456,469 times
I agree with other posters. Attend school in-state, then move here once that's finished. There are many hospitals and health centers here, so you should have great opportunity in your field. I have friends and family who work for various hospitals around the metro area. They each found employment relatively easily and are happy with the pay and benefits (great for your little one!).
Good luck.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:57 PM

186 posts, read 349,188 times
I from Fayetteville, NC as well, went to Pine Forest HS before I graduated here. But back to your question finish your degree in NC if you can then move here and get your Bachelors. I am currently attending Clayton State University, while the academics are average I find it to be a better school personally than Georgia State because of the more one on one I am having with the teachers. CSU also has a very liberal transfer credit policy. They also have degrees for people that have completed A.A.S which is the type of degree you get from technical colleges not community colleges, as well, the school has a Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Administration and Master Degree in Healthcare Administration.

http://www.clayton.edu/business/HCMG/HCMG-Entry-Level
http://www.clayton.edu/mha
http://www.clayton.edu/ids/bas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta