U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times

Advertisements

I've lived in South Dekalb for a few years, and I'm currently interested in a home near Gresham Park. The zip code is 30316, and it is located in unincorporated Dekalb County. I am single, and female. I'd like to live closer to the city, while being somewhere with a suburban feel.

East Atlanta Village is a little less than three miles from this area, but this is Atlanta and three miles can be very far. Does anyone have any information or history about Gresham Park, and how safety levels compare to South Dekalb suburbs like Lithonia or Ellenwood? Options for shopping? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 AM

9,907 posts, read 6,897,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southdekalbseeker View Post
I've lived in South Dekalb for a few years, and I'm currently interested in a home near Gresham Park. The zip code is 30316, and it is located in unincorporated Dekalb County. I am single, and female. I'd like to live closer to the city, while being somewhere with a suburban feel.

East Atlanta Village is a little less than three miles from this area, but this is Atlanta and three miles can be very far. Does anyone have any information or history about Gresham Park, and how safety levels compare to South Dekalb suburbs like Lithonia or Ellenwood? Options for shopping? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I live in the opposite end of 30316 (in North Ormewood Park in the city limits). You are right that three miles can make a difference, but if you are already living in S DeKalb I think you will find it comparable but a little better off than other areas of South DeKalb. You will find a wide variety of people from all walks of life in the area, which I love. There are good shopping options on Moreland and I think this will get you the "live closer to the city, while being somewhere with a suburban feel" you are looking for.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:37 AM

446 posts, read 505,485 times
G.Park is on the rise some would say but compared to lithonia i like both i lived in the 30038 zipcode for lithonia right of panalo rd by the walmart. Gresham Park is not what it once was when i was growing up in the 90s and 2000s its a better place overall.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:09 PM

1,061 posts, read 878,980 times
I grew up nearby, and even though Gresham Park could use some serious development (mainly the strip malls near I-20 and Bouldercrest), it gives great access to the interstates. However, there have been problems across I-20 from there recently with break-ins and a car-jacking, and suddenly a guy is begging on the eastbound I-20 off-ramp at Gresham Road. No matter where you live, be vigilant. It has improved alot since my childhood, but there are still morons looking to take advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or