Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,130 times

Advertisements

I just moved back to ATL and have been surprised to find a large amount of people having been pulled over, being arrested, or having their car towed away while in the presence of police officers. It always seems to be at the junction of 141 and I285. Just wondering if this is just coincidence or if there's been problem with crime over there.

Also wondering, is it common practice for a car to be impounded for expired tags and no proof of insurance? This happened to a friend of mine in that area, so I've tried to be more careful while driving in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 08:09 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
I just moved back to ATL and have been surprised to find a large amount of people having been pulled over, being arrested, or having their car towed away while in the presence of police officers. It always seems to be at the junction of 141 and I285. Just wondering if this is just coincidence or if there's been problem with crime over there.

Also wondering, is it common practice for a car to be impounded for expired tags and no proof of insurance? This happened to a friend of mine in that area, so I've tried to be more careful while driving in that area.
Not at all uncommon to see Doraville PD on 285 around 141...plenty of radar along that stretch...Sandy Springs also has stepped up enforcement on 'their' section of 285.

The answer to the tag and insurance question is to make sure your tag is current and insurance in force...pretty simple and foolish to do otherwise.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM

117 posts, read 619,762 times
I have been in Atlanta for 16 years now and I can tell you that Doraville Police pulling people, especially latinos over in that area is nothing new. It happended to me several times while I was in high school in the area over 12 years ago.

a long time ago when I was in defensive driving for suspended license, the instructor made a point to make sure everyone was aware of an area of the metro that gives more citations than anywhere else...It was Doraville along 285 and on Buford highway. It is not a big area either to account for all those citations...so it is clearly dirty. Ok, problem with illegals driving and stuff, then it is everyones problem the way they do business.

I rarely if ever drive over there anymore, except when getting some international foods and markets and stuff.

Doraville is notorious for Bull****...and no insurance getting towed...That is not common, but no surprise for Doraville.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:55 PM

22 posts, read 63,825 times
Sandy Springs covers from Ashford Dunwoody to the river past N. Northside Drive on 285 that is a large area to cover. Sandy Springs also covers the majority of Ga400 from the Toll to the river at Roswell. Both of the interstates in the City of Sandy Springs limits have a history of speeding and reckless driving. Sandy Springs is VERY pro-active in enforcing speeds on 285 and GA 400.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta