U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:53 PM

171 posts, read 159,049 times

Advertisements

Without regard to job, commute, or schools, what area in or around Atlanta would one look to if their budget allowed for a one or two bedroom apartment in the $800-$900 (or lower!) range? Pluses would be areas that are pet friendly and perhaps have a park or two somewhat nearby. Safety concerns are relative, but we'll just set the standard at locations away from very high gang activity.

What part of town would I be looking to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,530,393 times
Smyrna/Vinings
Marietta
Norcross

You can find that just about anywhere OTP

Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 PM

398 posts, read 299,071 times
Habersham Properties | they have rentals from the $750.00 rang in midtown, buckhead and other parts of in town Atlanta

Last edited by 1lifealex; 03-03-2015 at 10:16 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 12:08 PM

Thanks for these! I'm glad I was being mostly realistic in thinking that I'd probably need to confine the search to areas OTP, and I've enjoyed looking into the Habersham Properties units.

I flew into Atlanta a few weeks ago in the hopes of securing a place before moving at the end of this month, but was unable to in the time I had. I'm getting a bit stressed now that it's down to the wire. I finally contacted Promove and it seems like it's taken some of the stress out of things, but I'm not sure how I feel about some of the practices. For example, my agent actually suggested that I lie about the size of my dog. Not a little lie, like fibbing 5-10 pounds. But claiming the dog is half the size that he actually is. That just doesn't inspire confidence in their services.

Hopefully I'll be able to update this with more info after I find a place for others who might be looking in this price range.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 PM

1,979 posts, read 1,699,179 times
Have you thought about renting a house?

Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Have you thought about renting a house?
I think about it occasionally but when I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that I'd likely make for a poor house renter, at least based on most of the requirements I usually see. I'm not interested in maintaining a yard, for example. I also worry that the costs of renting a house would be too high. Though, this is all based on perception rather than experience.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:17 PM

The costs would be about the same really. But yeah - quite a few do require you mow. But you also then get a yard for your dog.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:26 PM

1,850 posts, read 2,346,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lifealex View Post
Habersham Properties | they have rentals from the $750.00 rang in midtown, buckhead and other parts of in town Atlanta
Thanks for posting the link. Good finds and good rents.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
The costs would be about the same really. But yeah - quite a few do require you mow. But you also then get a yard for your dog.
The yard would be a dream, I admit. My major concern would be furnishing more square footage and heating/cooling a house. My max rent would likely need to be lower in order to offset some of these costs. Still, it's something I would like to consider, especially if it's a smaller house or a duplex. Biggest drawback is that I will not have another opportunity to get back to Atlanta before the end of the month, when I'm moving. I had hoped to secure living arrangements on my past visit there*, but I didn't so the stress is starting to hit. Not looking forward to the idea of living in a hotel for any period of time. Eek. Would craigslist be the best option in looking for a house or is it more the case in Atlanta that driving around looking for signs might be best bet? Or management companies?

Old 03-09-2015, 03:21 PM

Craigslist is a good idea, but be careful and be smart. Property Management Companies are also a good bet, and frankly what I would choose. At least with those there is a higher chance that you don't have to worry about lawn service. When you think about it - it's gonna be the cheap landlord that will post on Craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta