U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:22 AM

253 posts, read 215,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Considering the affluence of South DeKalb it seems like retail would boom if the residents support local business.
Yea the issue with South Dekalb isn't people don't want to shop, its that most of the stuff over there is Janky. Corporate Companies aren't investing, and the Small Businesses there are not able to provide much retail goods on a large scale of offerings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 11:56 AM

1,043 posts, read 799,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereEsquire View Post
Jesus Christ this site never ceases to amaze me.
While most C-D city forums discuss real estate and "good schools for their families", Atlanta's is definitely....different. In a way, Saintmarks is right:

Quote:
Interesting that this group is one of the more active but I understand why. It's the great people that visit and contribute. This page feels like one big crazy dysfunctional family. And I love it.
- skbl17

Old 04-20-2016, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 393 times
Default Plans underway. Some know, others don't

Agreed. The area has lots of potential. Residents of the long sought after, Downtown Decatur have been gradually migrating outward. The space is getting smaller while the dream is getting bigger. The multi-cultural climate is spreading rather slowly, but surely. I'd give it another 2-3 years. I even heard directly from a Wieland Home Builders representative that "All of Decatur is the next hot spot, if you have land there..hold on to it." And if you've seen the construction being done on Candler/285 exit, the activity alone speaks volumes. That's a bit much for an annual infrastructure project. They are building for a large influx of traffic, commuters and residents. Also, I hear GA state is considering building dormitories near the newly acquired Decatur campus. I hear. I hear. I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or