U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 10:50 AM

18 posts, read 13,660 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm a 22 yr old young lady moving to College Park at Olmadison place. I saw a news article from 2012 when crime rates were high. Is it still the same? I see that there is a lot of new construction in the area and it looks like it has gone through some gentrification. The lease is month to month so I can easily move. I'm an accountant and am looking for a better job in Atlanta so I figured this would be the best fit for me due to the short term lease. I really chose this place so I can get a good feel of Atlanta and find a place for long term. I would love any suggestions and tips. I'm looking for something in the $800 - $950 range with 2br.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 PM

446 posts, read 505,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyRedd View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a 22 yr old young lady moving to College Park at Olmadison place. I saw a news article from 2012 when crime rates were high. Is it still the same? I see that there is a lot of new construction in the area and it looks like it has gone through some gentrification. The lease is month to month so I can easily move. I'm an accountant and am looking for a better job in Atlanta so I figured this would be the best fit for me due to the short term lease. I really chose this place so I can get a good feel of Atlanta and find a place for long term. I would love any suggestions and tips. I'm looking for something in the $800 - $950 range with 2br.

Some people will say yeah the crime is high some will say no. Also some will say it pockets of crime. The 30349 zip code stretches a bit so yea it has high crime in spots. You are over there by the LA Fitness so crime is actually low in that area and most of the stuff is new around there...sidenote the 30349 zipcode can be used for College Park Union City or Atlanta....anywhere between South Fulton Pkwy Old Fairburn Rd and Butner Rd has the highest home prices and newer stuff in the zipcode and way less crime

Old 03-05-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem1985 View Post
Some people will say yeah the crime is high some will say no. Also some will say it pockets of crime. The 30349 zip code stretches a bit so yea it has high crime in spots. You are over there by the LA Fitness so crime is actually low in that area and most of the stuff is new around there...sidenote the 30349 zipcode can be used for College Park Union City or Atlanta....anywhere between South Fulton Pkwy Old Fairburn Rd and Butner Rd has the highest home prices and newer stuff in the zipcode and way less crime

Thanks for your input! I won't be moving around too much in that area, no more than a 5 mile radius. I'm glad to know that this specific area is not that crime ridden.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:35 PM

2,092 posts, read 2,560,073 times
I also suggest using Crime Reports (www.crimereports.com) to get a good perspective of what crime is like in that area. Just put in your address and it will give you a summary of the crimes that have occurred over the past several months.

Make sure you use the "advanced" feature to customize your search.

That area is very convenient to 285 & 85, the airport, shopping (Kroger & Walmart), and two major bus lines (#89 & #189).

Good luck to you!

Old 03-05-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
I also suggest using Crime Reports (www.crimereports.com) to get a good perspective of what crime is like in that area. Just put in your address and it will give you a summary of the crimes that have occurred over the past several months.

Make sure you use the "advanced" feature to customize your search.

Good luck to you!
Ok thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or