U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:01 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,540,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
But what would you recommend for a mom who isn't 11?

A
First you post a question about your boys and 6 Flags. Now you are asking a question about what would you like without letting us know whatyou like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 12:04 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,764,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
First you post a question about your boys and 6 Flags. Now you are asking a question about what would you like without letting us know whatyou like
That was my lame attempt at humor.

I didn't mean to breach etiquette. I just meant that it's good to hear that 11 year olds are great at this park. Is there anything cool for a mom in her 40's who never gets on a roller coaster? Are there shows? Or any shady spots to hang out?

Alley

Old 03-06-2015, 12:08 PM

9,578 posts, read 8,655,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
But what would you recommend for a mom who isn't 11?

Alley
Xanax...

Old 03-06-2015, 12:11 PM

675 posts, read 1,017,583 times
Like most, I've been going since 1992 when I moved here, and It has grown a lot. Since Six Flags Brand is rebounding from claiming bankruptcy, you can see where SFOG lies in priority. The park is run poorly and you can see where they cut corners on everything.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:09 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,261,720 times
I think that Six Flags is fun for a day. There are a wide variety of rides (but it is still "coaster-centric"). There are some shows, though fewer than when I was a child. My wife basically rides nothing but the antique cars and merry-go-round, and claims she still enjoys it yearly. Incidentally: eleven year olds would probably in seventh Heaven. i had a season pass at that age and couldn't go enough!

Old 03-06-2015, 01:33 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,764,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Xanax...

Humor! Thank you!

Alley

Old 03-06-2015, 02:31 PM

899 posts, read 640,498 times
I went once. It was a nice day trip, even though it was crowded.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:50 PM

1,311 posts, read 701,591 times
Not as clean as it used to be but a great way to spend a Summer day. Excellent collection of coasters of all thrill types from toddler coasters to extreme hyper coasters. Also a good variety of rides to suit every age group. The park is well shaded too so doesn't get too hot. I agree that the waterpark is a nice addition. Used to be you had to go to white water in marietta for the Waterpark. If your husband and son are theme park enthusiasts I would definitely suggest getting a seasons pass. It's pretty much the biggest themepark in the Southeast outside of Florida. As for a mom who may not be into coasters there are shows.. The Crystal Pistol theater has musical stage shows and there are other shows throughout the park. There are also nice shady areas to relax and also several low key relaxing rides for someone not into the thrill rides

Old 03-06-2015, 03:57 PM

515 posts, read 464,605 times
Pros: Affordable, good variety of rides, clean for the most part, nice atmosphere, some shady spots, water park, lots of fun
Cons: Generally crowded. Lines for days. I would recommend a flash pass.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:58 PM

7,710 posts, read 9,559,058 times
Loved it in high school.

As I got older and experienced more parks, I began to realize just how neglected it is, as coolieandre said. They definitely cut corners everywhere, the staff is really bad, and the food is disgusting.

In the early 90s, we used to get annoyed by all the large church groups that would show up, which the past few times I went had been replaced by roving gangs of kids trying to act like thugs cutting in line everywhere (running up the exit line, etc.) They try to intimidate everybody, but they're only kids, so you have to stand right up to them and tell them to go to the back of the line. But it's still annoying.

That was my experience several years ago. I haven't been back since because Six Flags is pretty slow to add new coasters, and I've ridden all of them a zillion times. Only Goliath is still fun. Scream Machine and Mindbender are good if you haven't been on them many times. Superman is rather unique, but Bat-Man is very mid-range, Ninja is terrible, and Cyclone is a low-end wooden coaster, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or