U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 09:02 PM

1,309 posts, read 695,432 times

Advertisements

Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg are much better parks. Busch Gardens is very clean and well done with a great staff. yes Six Flags is not what it used to be but it is pretty much all there is around these parts. If you are willing to drive about 4 hours check out Dollywood in Pigeon Forge and Carowinds in Charlotte. Very nice parks. Cleaner than SFOG. Carowinds just addes the tallest coaster in the world and Dollywood is just a very attractive park with its mountain setting, but SFOG probably has a better collection of coasters.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 11:59 PM

168 posts, read 552,735 times
I would go one time to see for yourself, but if you've been to other good parks, this one lacks. They do have some nice coasters. However, the lines are very long with nothing in between to kill time and keep you from noticing that you are shriveling in the extreme heat and humidity. Few stores, nothing interesting to look at. It's a wasted opportunity for 6Flags to make money on drinks, etc, so you know someone over there doesn't' have his thinking cap on.

You stand in line for 1.5 hours, ride for 3 minutes, repeat. We used to go with the home-school crowd, and would only get to 6 rides in 10 hours. Multiple rides would be closed.

It is very hot in the summer, and there are few places to get a drink. Last time I took my family, we waited in line for 25 minutes at the only place open at one end of the park, behind only a few people, just to be told they were out of ice cream. We were nearly collapsed by the time we got our drinks from the 3-4 cashiers dealing with one small line. There was a problem with every order. Be sure to bring your own water bottle and keep it filled.

There are no street signs to match the map they give out. So, if you like maps to plan your moves, good luck. What looks like a small back alley is actually that main avenue shown on the map. Very unprofessional place, with very little thought to anything besides the rides. But if you go on a day when all the kiddies are in school, and not a high traffic day, you will have a much better time, and even enjoy yourselves. Don't wait for summer.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:23 PM

14,375 posts, read 7,088,716 times
I never really liked Six Flags but I am from Ohio and we went to Cedar Point multiple times per summer when I was a kid and Cedar Point is one of the best amusement parks in the world so I was spoiled a bit on amusement parks. Six Flags was like a carnival or fair or something in comparison so I never liked going there and just sent my kid with groups of other kids via camps and field trips.

But I think for an afternoon of something to do it isn't a bad place. Just not my kind of amusement park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or