Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:17 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnatlanta View Post
If you're determined to live in the city of Atlanta, midtown is probably your best bet. I would suggest looking at Decatur. Lots of young adults. Lots of singles. Both straight and gay. A liberal enclave, perhaps the most liberal in metro ATL. Several new apartments/mixed use devepments going up, so you are assured to find something new. New condo developments as well. All in the urban core of the city. Recently Decatur made the top 12 list (I believe it was 12) of the greatest places to live nationwide. Underground subway station (Marta), with a great bar scene. Good luck. No, I'm not a realtor, I just work downtown Decatur.
Thanks for the information. Going to do some research on Decatur as well as Midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 12:23 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Do you ride the DART. From Akard Station all the way down to West End Station they are everywhere.

ESPECIALLY on the west end of downtown.

I get asked for money at least twice a day. Some days it is five or six times.

Take a look at the areas I mentioned and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

I actually work and live downtown. Its a big problem.

Looking forward to making a transition.

Atlanta is on the top of my list along with Chicago and Philadelphia.
Yes I have ridden DART between those stations and I personally have not seen homeless everywhere. I'm not saying they aren't there, but I promise you Atlanta is way worse.

I work in the Arts District.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:35 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,135,673 times
There's no homeless in Dallas because it's pretty dead compared to Downtown Atlanta during day.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:35 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Yes I have ridden DART between those stations and I personally have not seen homeless everywhere. I'm not saying they aren't there, but I promise you Atlanta is way worse.

I work in the Arts District.
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:06 PM

41 posts, read 33,667 times
Hey math, what city did you finally decide on?

Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,218,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

My plan is to work 6 months to a year and then transfer to a new city. Narrowed my choices to either Atlanta and Chicago.

I am a simple guy and don't need much. If I could find a place with the following I would be very happy:

-Good dating scene
-Live Jazz music venues
-Concentrated Downtown area that has things open after 9 pm

I know I will never be able to find another city that matches vibe of New York.

Just looking for a place that has a bit more action.

Will I find that in Atlanta?

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Chicago's dowtown is bigger, way more livelier, literally thousands of restaurants, lots of shopping, the el train, the subway, the commuter rail, lots of buses, a sea of taxis, the lake, beaches, the river, massive skyscrapers, architectural boat tours on the river and lake of those skyscrapers, Navy Pier, The Art Institute, Millennium Park/Cloud Gate, festivals, live house music DJ's on the square of the Daley Center (the court/civic center of the city) every week in the summer, everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta