Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:16 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
The more you learn the more you know there is just the vocal opposition in the minority to this move in South Fulton have an agenda. I've even heard the opposition talking about taxes going up, but the same thing is going to occur with this made-up, play pretend municipality as well. Even State Senator Vincent Fort has said this is just a bad idea, period. This is getting silly and somebody that's not for the community good rather to help out their friends and guarantee certain people a job or contract. I would start naming their names, but it's obvious who they are...
Umm....Fort has earned very little credence from me. imo he is a pot-stirrer, that likes to get everybody riled up, shows up for the press conference, and then doesn't do jack.

if he's against it, he's against for personal reasons - not legit reasons.

But I also agree that certain aspects of this Cityhood quest are all about the "hookup" as it were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 12:15 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Umm....Fort has earned very little credence from me. imo he is a pot-stirrer, that likes to get everybody riled up, shows up for the press conference, and then doesn't do jack.

if he's against it, he's against for personal reasons - not legit reasons.

But I also agree that certain aspects of this Cityhood quest are all about the "hookup" as it were.
Fort isn't my favorite person either, but a broke clock is always right twice a day. It's this type of evasive mess being purported by these specific individuals makes anyone that follows the track history know it is some straight foolery that will land this portion of Fulton County in an even worse off position than it currently has. This area has no real tax base, and the sex shops and warehouses aren't going to cut it. So the only solution would be to tax the hell out of the property out there.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:57 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,733 times
This Facebook group is probably the only objective voice out there following this extensively at the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Propo...29878683754847

Old 09-01-2015, 08:23 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Ruling could pave way for Atlanta annexation | www.ajc.com

Quote:
A judge Monday handed the City of Atlanta a legal victory that could allow the city to annex key parts of unincorporated Fulton County.

Fulton County Superior Court chief Judge Gail Tusan struck down a law that prevents annexation of the Fulton Industrial District, saying it was improperly enacted by the General Assembly in 1986. If the ruling stands, the immediate effect would allow Atlanta to annex a property it owns on Fulton Industrial Boulevard...

Old 09-01-2015, 08:32 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
Wow! That could end up being a huge catalyst for forward movement on the sw annexation front.
Of course there will be further litigation against it but nevertheless, it lays another level of supporting ground work for the pro annexation movement of the F.I.D. area.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Why does the State continue to interfere with local control, as they did in 1986? I understand there is a huge tax base along FIB, but the state should be focusing on more important things.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:03 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Why does the State continue to interfere with local control, as they did in 1986? I understand there is a huge tax base along FIB, but the state should be focusing on more important things.
IIRC, Fulton County requested that to specifically stop annexation of that area.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:24 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
IIRC, Fulton County requested that to specifically stop annexation of that area.
Fulton is still trying to stop the SW annexation too. They don't want to lose the tax revenue.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 AM

950 posts, read 3,191,729 times
So, the city population would be around 530k to 550k?

I still have hopes this will lead CoA to unite with FulCo and/or DeKCo in the near future!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:21 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
So, the city population would be around 530k to 550k?

I still have hopes this will lead CoA to unite with FulCo and/or DeKCo in the near future!
CoA shouldn't take on the extra burden and dumpster fire of leadership just to get higher population levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta