Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,473,587 times

Advertisements

Now that Ctran has been canceled over 5 Months now that leaves Clayton county the only Metro Atlanta core county with out transit. This leaves a major gap in the metro Atlanta transit infrastructure big time. Expecially in the Hartsfields/Jackson cordor, now that is crazy... Its time to get out and vote. The Clayton county commisioners have seem to pulled the woolies over the citizens head and have made it where Marta will be delayed as long as possible from coming to the county. Seem to have gotten what they have wanted being that the vote will only be a straw poll and all, BUT PLEASE CITIZENS GET OUT AND SUPPORT TRANSIT IN CLAYTON COUNTY... Talk about a major slap in the face to citizens. The fact of the matter is its the citizens fault for being so quiet on the issue. This state seems to move backwards every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 09:20 AM

876 posts, read 2,277,415 times
MARTA used to run some buses in the northern part of Clayton county before C-TRAN. I believe some areas of Riverdale and Forest Park were covered. With all the cutbacks at MARTA, it is doubtful these routes would return any time soon without direct support by funds from Clayton.

Maybe in time, the voters in Clayton will elect more competent leaders and some bus routes will return. I really do feel sorry for the people who depended on the buses to get to their jobs, really tough times.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 AM

3,707 posts, read 5,981,543 times
Is the private bus line that does the exact same thing as C-Tran did still afloat? If so, I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,280 times
C-tran is not economically feasible, a shame as people there need it. This is the same county with some of the worst schools and the same county that promised 5 Rec centers and never fulfilled that promise.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW30303 View Post
MARTA used to run some buses in the northern part of Clayton county before C-TRAN. I believe some areas of Riverdale and Forest Park were covered. With all the cutbacks at MARTA, it is doubtful these routes would return any time soon without direct support by funds from Clayton.

Maybe in time, the voters in Clayton will elect more competent leaders and some bus routes will return. I really do feel sorry for the people who depended on the buses to get to their jobs, really tough times.
Yea, i know.. The 77 bus used to run from East Point to Forest Park then Marta canceled it after CTRAN started. Now Even Forest Park is left stranded. O and the New Quick transit shuttle only cover certin routes and does not even look like a real transit system. Not to mention there is no where to sit anymore to wait for the buses without being rained on.. Just took total comfort out of Transit, if they have any way around in there area at all.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Hope people really get out and vote in support of Transit on Election day in Clayton County. I think the commissioners and some officials had this down to a science that the citizens of Clayton County would sleep on the issue after a few months of CTran being gone. People need to stand up for what really matters.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 PM

60 posts, read 145,691 times
Oh, please!

The death of CTRAN is the absolute best thing that happened to Clayton County.

Now they can finally have better schools, lower crime, a healthier tax base, and 200+ title pawns to clean up the streets.

Those ex-CTRAN riders need to move to a place that has public transportation. There are vast swaths of land and older dwellings in Southwest Atlanta that would benefit from their residency... and most of that property is close to MARTA! Hurray!!!

If I were a billionaire, I would gladly PAY people to move out of Clayton County and go to that fairly uninhabited part of Atlanta. I would do the same for all the other counties that have endured the slum sprawl that came with providing subsidized cheap housing in nice areas.

Oh, one other thing. I would relegate MARTA to the city of Atlanta and all the other nickel and dime cities that are connected to it. Nowhere else... and the riders exclusively pay for the service. If the MARTA stations in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Indian Creek and Lindbergh station were blown to kingdom come, longtime residents would be throwing parties and dancing in the streets. The only ones who would be sad would be Atlanta bureaucrats, a few college professors, and folks who should definitely learn how to maintain and drive a car properly.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:45 PM

747 posts, read 1,543,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macarose View Post
Oh, please!

The death of CTRAN is the absolute best thing that happened to Clayton County.

Now they can finally have better schools, lower crime, a healthier tax base, and 200+ title pawns to clean up the streets.

Those ex-CTRAN riders need to move to a place that has public transportation. There are vast swaths of land and older dwellings in Southwest Atlanta that would benefit from their residency... and most of that property is close to MARTA! Hurray!!!

If I were a billionaire, I would gladly PAY people to move out of Clayton County and go to that fairly uninhabited part of Atlanta. I would do the same for all the other counties that have endured the slum sprawl that came with providing subsidized cheap housing in nice areas.

Oh, one other thing. I would relegate MARTA to the city of Atlanta and all the other nickel and dime cities that are connected to it. Nowhere else... and the riders exclusively pay for the service. If the MARTA stations in Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Indian Creek and Lindbergh station were blown to kingdom come, longtime residents would be throwing parties and dancing in the streets. The only ones who would be sad would be Atlanta bureaucrats, a few college professors, and folks who should definitely learn how to maintain and drive a car properly.

Ok buddy.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:54 PM

227 posts, read 494,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW30303 View Post

+1

nice post

Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 PM

227 posts, read 494,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
[/b]

Ok buddy.
i know

what's more pathetic is the people in this state who actually believe that crap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta