U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 01:45 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,897,659 times

Advertisements

Renew Atlanta updates Atlanta Committee for Progress on $250M infrastructure program

Quote:
Renew Atlanta – the Atlanta entity in charge of investing the $250 million infrastructure bond referendum – has paid $15.2 million on projects and has another $64.3 million in projects under contract.

After reviewing the update, Chairman Jim Hannan, CEO of Georgia Pacific, said: “The project seems to be pretty much on track.” And then he asked DiMassimo what she was worried about.

“The (program) management team is about to come on board,” DiMassimo said, adding if that wasn’t the case, she’d be worried. Instead she said she’s been impressed by the quality of work being done by existing contractors, and companies are aware of the city’s high expectations. “The mayor has challenged us to deliver quality and equity.”

Part of the reason the city is so keen to have a good record with the infrastructure improvements is that it wants to reassure taxpayers that it could properly invest money raised in the TSPLOST that will be on the November ballot. It also could impact how people view an increase in a half-penny sales tax for MARTA, also on the November ballot.

In the report that was sent out, each project was listed as either being “On Schedule” – green, or with a “Corrected Delay” – yellow. No project was colored red, which stands for “Behind Schedule (Critical Path).”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 02:28 PM

5,401 posts, read 2,729,112 times
Glad to hear it! The city's money is being used well, it would seem.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:08 PM

28,118 posts, read 24,646,505 times
It'll be nice to get some of these potholes fixed.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:07 AM

22,154 posts, read 16,152,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It'll be nice to get some of these potholes fixed.
I have been able to report potholes via atl311 and them get fixed in a timely manner. Have you reported them?
ATL 311 solution

Old 08-30-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I have been able to report potholes via atl311 and them get fixed in a timely manner. Have you reported them?
ATL 311 solution
Oh, yeah. I think we've discussed this before, cq. They may come out and throw a little asphalt down, but it takes 2-3 months at least.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:14 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,420,838 times
That seems like something you seem to only encounter...

I called ATL311 and reported a sidewalk blocked by a fallen tree and debris from a recent storm in my neighborhood and there were a crew sent out and it was cleared within 5 business days of my complaint. I've also called about other public infrastructure issues and those were resolved within a 2 to 3 weeks.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 AM

22,154 posts, read 16,152,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post

I called ATL311 and reported a sidewalk blocked by a fallen tree and debris from a recent storm in my neighborhood and there were a crew sent out and it was cleared within 5 business days of my complaint. I've also called about other public infrastructure issues and those were resolved within a 2 to 3 weeks.
I have had something like 6 weeks for a warning sign repair, but stop signs and signals are repaired quickly. I am sure they triage the issues and repair the most serve quickly, so something like a pothole may get pushed back if a utility cut needs to be filled in or a street repaved.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Hm, others on this board have reported the same experience as me.

I've had mixed results in getting the city to respond. Sometimes they were prompt, but other situations dragged on for a long time.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:29 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,420,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Hm, others on this board have reported the same experience as me.

I've had mixed results in getting the city to respond. Sometimes they were prompt, but other situations dragged on for a long time.
Uh, that's how a large municipality operates. If you expecting "perfect customer service" every time then you should live in a small municipality in the suburbs. I've lived in several large cities and this one is no different. You are setting unrealistic expectations and looking for a reason to complain...

Old 08-30-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Uh, that's how a large municipality operates. If you expecting "perfect customer service" every time then you should live in a small municipality in the suburbs. I've lived in several large cities and this one is no different. You are setting unrealistic expectations and looking for a reason to complain...
Pishposh. The folks downtown can handle a little heat from the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or