U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 03:00 PM

17 posts, read 20,478 times

Advertisements

Thanks ericsonga! Another positive feedback ...we have been living in Massachusetts for the last 20 yes and though we really feel it is time to move we get cold feet at times...Nice to learn from people who actually live/ lived in the area...
so flowers crossing is different from flowers crossing at the mill? ....I thought it was the same subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 03:11 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,448,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnflorida View Post
Thanks ericsonga! Another positive feedback ...we have been living in Massachusetts for the last 20 yes and though we really feel it is time to move we get cold feet at times...Nice to learn from people who actually live/ lived in the area...
so flowers crossing is different from flowers crossing at the mill? ....I thought it was the same subdivision.
It's 2 different neighborhoods, but next door to eachother. Flowers Crossing at the Mill is newer. The homes in Flowers Crossing were built in the mid 80s into the early 90s and Flowers Crossing at The Mill are from the late 90s and early 2000s and usually much larger. There is a definite price difference between the two neighborhoods.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:45 PM

17 posts, read 20,478 times
I see what you mean, thanks so much!!! Another question we have is in regards to sports at the schools in the area...specifically, crews middle school..our 10 yr old son is really into basketball and he loves playing in a team..if anybody here knows how hard it is to get in the school teams please weigh in. The reason I am asking is because at his current school in MA it is extremely hard to get in sports teams and kids who get cut off the teams but they are really good and love the sport do not have the opportunity to play, ie out of 60 kids that try out they choose only 16... Thank you all so very much!

Old 03-12-2015, 04:43 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,448,250 times
Quote:
I see what you mean, thanks so much!!! Another question we have is in regards to sports at the schools in the area...specifically, crews middle school..our 10 yr old son is really into basketball and he loves playing in a team..if anybody here knows how hard it is to get in the school teams please weigh in. The reason I am asking is because at his current school in MA it is extremely hard to get in sports teams and kids who get cut off the teams but they are really good and love the sport do not have the opportunity to play, ie out of 60 kids that try out they choose only 16... Thank you all so very much!
I don't have first hand knowledge, but the Brookwood cluster has always been known for athletics. It's very competitive. I don't know how hard or not it is to get on a team, but I would bet it's not easy.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 PM

4,130 posts, read 3,236,115 times
Quote:
Brookwood isn't really known for its basketball and I imagine that translates to the middle school level as well. I'm not sure what club teams there might be for basketball. I know soccer is really popular across the metro area, club and high school.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:37 AM

24 posts, read 57,549 times
Does anybody know the community called Scenic Overlook, it is right next to Crews Middle school. Considering to buy a house there. Any comment?

Also Craig is only ranked 166th in GA public elementary schools, and scores 8 at greatschools.org, while Brookwood elementary is ranked 25th and scores 10. Is Craig still doing great?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or