U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 11:43 AM

1,270 posts, read 638,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Why does the MARTA sucks crowd ALWAYS have to shoot down their credibility with obvious falsehoods like the one above?
I love Marta and I hope it expands. I simply would like to see more development around stations. Cool your jets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 12:19 PM

5,008 posts, read 3,495,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
I love Marta and I hope it expands. I simply would like to see more development around stations. Cool your jets.
There is a significant difference in tone/intent/meaning between "For some odd reason, every Marta stop is in some out of the way abandoned area surrounded by parking lot without anything nearby" and "I simply would like to see more development around stations."

Old 12-16-2016, 12:29 PM

28,181 posts, read 24,739,302 times
You can definitely take MARTA or the streetcar to a lot of entertainment venues, but outside of Phillips and the dome, I wonder how many people actually do?

Old 12-16-2016, 12:36 PM

5,417 posts, read 2,749,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You can definitely take MARTA or the streetcar to a lot of entertainment venues, but outside of Phillips and the dome, I wonder how many people actually do?
Probably more than you might suspect, and it's likely to grow as MARTA continues to roll out their 'Ticket Embedded with your Ticket' deal. I know MARTA's already working with hotels to offer travelers discounted breeze cards and fares. I don't know if they've started included transit fare in event tickets yet or not, though that might be waiting for full roll out of the scanners first.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:39 PM

631 posts, read 331,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
I also would like to see some of these stations get developed more, there shouldn't be parking lots around more of the in-town stations anyway, should probably only be on the furthest outskirts, but hopefully that'll be coming down the pike as MARTA starts freeing up their land for development.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
I also would like to see some of these stations get developed more, there shouldn't be parking lots around more of the in-town stations anyway, should probably only be on the furthest outskirts, but hopefully that'll be coming down the pike as MARTA starts freeing up their land for development.
I mean, it is already starting to happen. We have two stations with construction already started, and a bunch of others in various places of development.

Point is, MARTA is very aware of the need to do just this, to the point where they're already starting to do it. The question, then, is in how much time it takes to get as much of the system as possible developed? I suppose that will depend very heavily on how these current projects go, and how development patterns shift in the coming years.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:40 PM

28,181 posts, read 24,739,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Probably more than you might suspect, and it's likely to grow as MARTA continues to roll out their 'Ticket Embedded with your Ticket' deal. I know MARTA's already working with hotels to offer travelers discounted breeze cards and fares. I don't know if they've started included transit fare in event tickets yet or not, though that might be waiting for full roll out of the scanners first.
Could be. I often take MARTA when I go out to see a show and it usually seems like I'm the only one using mass transit but that's just a personal observation. It's hard to talk my friends and family into taking the bus with me. They act like I'm crazy and maybe I am, but I just go on.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:47 PM

4,013 posts, read 2,304,002 times
The city of Atlanta should takeover MARTA so people can just transfer over to the streetcar

Old 12-16-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
The city of Atlanta should takeover MARTA so people can just transfer over to the streetcar
Other way around, mate.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:43 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,504,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
Other way around, mate.
MARTA should take over the City of Atlanta? That's so crazy it just might work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or