Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 07:45 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times

Advertisements

What I meant by my comment is that Atlanta is still a top convention destination, even with the cut back hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 07:55 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
She caused the city millions of dollars of revenue by doing this. Plus she lied. After she voted on that 2:30 is last call/3am everybody has to be out the club law she said on record that she would revise this issue the following year and never did. I can't trust her.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:16 PM

23,444 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
She caused the city millions of dollars of revenue by doing this. Plus she lied. After she voted on that 2:30 is last call/3am everybody has to be out the club law she said on record that she would revise this issue the following year and never did. I can't trust her.
Thanks for refining the point. Atlanta is a large and cosmopolitan metro now, not some cowtown where the sidewalks need to rolled up at a certain hour. It's time some got with the program.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 PM

23,444 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the political appetite is there to undo the last call rollback.
The worm will turn, I think.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:09 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
What do you consider, "out on the city?" I never have been a "bar hopper" or have been a "clubber", not my cup of tea, even when I was younger lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
What I meant by my comment is that Atlanta is still a top convention destination, even with the cut back hours.
Well, that explains why you are the way you are. I'm not a bar hopper anymore, but that doesn't mean tourists or conventioneers do not trek to this city to go out, thus I'm not for restricting their ability to go out even if it is until dawn. The rule of living in the city is there numerous people from various walks of life thus live and let live.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:09 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,707 times
God, the hours that bars close is so low on my list of priorities I can't even see it. Woolard's first issue out of the gate is funding transit on the BeltLine, which is one of the most important issues to me. If the city's ever going to get serious about improving its transportation system, transit on the Beltline is the place to start. 22 miles if new right-of-way, separated from cars and people, connecting neighborhoods that currently see only marginal or no MARTA service. There's nothing bigger a mayor could do for the city's most pressing issue.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:33 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I can't believe folks on this board keep pounding Cobb about that. They are probably more diverse than the city of Atlanta.
Lord help us if any local municipality other than the City of Atlanta or Dekalb County gets anything less than glowing praise.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:06 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
God, the hours that bars close is so low on my list of priorities I can't even see it. Woolard's first issue out of the gate is funding transit on the BeltLine, which is one of the most important issues to me. If the city's ever going to get serious about improving its transportation system, transit on the Beltline is the place to start. 22 miles if new right-of-way, separated from cars and people, connecting neighborhoods that currently see only marginal or no MARTA service. There's nothing bigger a mayor could do for the city's most pressing issue.
I like her already.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,783,663 times
Well, the current Mayor was on WABE today. Only caught the tail end of the interview. Talked about the recent shootings (it is the first order of business in his meetings. He says that crime is down in general, but specifically, he wants more police, more video, more predictive policing--especially going into summer). He said he would welcome the areas considering anexation, but is not pursuing them. Also, while he showed off his usual defensive-aggressive demeanor--he also showed that he was a lousy liar--when asked about GSU making it to the NCAA tourney--he said he "expects for the Panthers to play Kentucky hard in the Final", but he couldn't stop laughing when he said it. I think if he tried to say GSU would beat Kentucky in the Final- he would have injured himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta