U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:27 PM

4,945 posts, read 3,997,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Uh...I am? Think about how much more money could be spent DAILY if they build more offices, residential, and shops around there.
Hmm. I was about to write this comment off...but look. Maybe there's a compromise somewhere. For instance, the Houston Galleria--a very large mall--has a skyscraper right in the middle of it. Perhaps they could do something like that at Lenox? Maybe building it on top of one of those parking lots, particularly north of the mall, that is taking up valuable real estate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 PM

4,909 posts, read 3,712,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Hmm. I was about to write this comment off...but look. Maybe there's a compromise somewhere. For instance, the Houston Galleria--a very large mall--has a skyscraper right in the middle of it. Perhaps they could do something like that at Lenox? Maybe building it on top of one of those parking lots, particularly north of the mall, that is taking up valuable real estate?
Ok, what exactly are you getting at now? You want to demolish the mall or something?

Old 05-02-2015, 10:59 PM

686 posts, read 511,582 times
I think its obvious what he is getting at....there is a sea of car parking right in the center of Buckhead between Peachtree and the mall. Building on top of the lot makes a lot of sense. There should be buildings lining Peachtree Road and as Buckhead space runs out I can see it happening.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:20 AM

4,945 posts, read 3,997,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Ok, what exactly are you getting at now? You want to demolish the mall or something?
LOL no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
I think its obvious what he is getting at....there is a sea of car parking right in the center of Buckhead between Peachtree and the mall. Building on top of the lot makes a lot of sense. There should be buildings lining Peachtree Road and as Buckhead space runs out I can see it happening.
Yes, this. And they could put a parking deck in the buildings to replace the lost parking.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:48 AM

12,918 posts, read 21,003,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
?..

Yes, this. And they could put a parking deck in the buildings to replace the lost parking.

This is what MattCW was suggesting.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:34 AM

28,147 posts, read 24,679,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Yep. That land is way too expensive to remain surface parking forever.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:43 PM

6,795 posts, read 6,598,775 times
Buckhead seems more progressive than the central core of Atlanta these days. They are making bold moves.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:39 PM

686 posts, read 511,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Buckhead seems more progressive than the central core of Atlanta these days. They are making bold moves.
Agreed. The additional entrance into the Buckhead MARTA station which was sneered at by many originally for how much money it was costing is proving to be a great investment, I'm sure I read recently that the numbers using the station had grown by a crazy high percentage since completion.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:08 AM

9,918 posts, read 6,909,650 times
BuckheadViewCID presented 1st vision for 'park out of thin air' over GA 400 - BuckheadView

Quote:
The board of the Buckhead Community Improvement District (BCID) Tuesday was presented a preliminary “vision” of what a one-third-mile long, 9 acre park created out of thin air over GA 400 and the MARTA rail line might look like and connect to surrounding Buckhead development...

Old 05-28-2015, 09:15 AM

22,177 posts, read 16,180,310 times
BCID has the money to build it and $198M seems like a reasonable amount for such a transformative project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or