U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-14-2015, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Atlanta and St Simons Island, GA
21,043 posts, read 33,036,950 times
Reputation: 12709

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
Yo no comprende. Sólo piensa usted está de acuerdo conmigo porque piensa que puede decidir qué derechos tiene una persona.

You only think this is not an infringement upon someone's rights because you think you can decide someone else's rights.
Talk to me when you're sober.

 
Old 03-14-2015, 10:48 PM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Talk to me when you're sober.
So, no response? What's your logic behind thinking no one's rights are being infringed upon? Any civilian of age has the right to drink. Why should the time they can do it be legislated by others?

Last edited by joey86; 03-14-2015 at 10:56 PM..
 
Old 03-14-2015, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Atlanta and St Simons Island, GA
21,043 posts, read 33,036,950 times
Reputation: 12709
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
So, no response? What's your logic behind thinking no one's rights are being infringed upon? Any civilian of age has the right to drink. Why should the time they can do it be legislated by others?
Do you not get it? Read the thread. I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU. Good God. What is your problem?
Oh, well. Welcome to Cyberspace.
 
Old 03-15-2015, 06:04 AM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Do you not get it? Read the thread. I WAS AGREEING WITH YOU. Good God. What is your problem?
Oh, well. Welcome to Cyberspace.
No need to yell. Here's your quote

"If there's anything that annoys me, it's one group of individuals trying to legislate the behavior of another. Violation of civil rights is another category. This does not fall within it."

I read the whole thread. There isn't anything complex in here. You said that this is not violation of a civil right. I disagree. You can't just say you agree and have it be so when it isn't the case.

If you can't come up with a reason this does not fall within the category of civil rights just say so, but please stop pretending you didn't say that.
 
Old 03-15-2015, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,541 posts, read 1,793,093 times
Reputation: 1572
Liquor and grocery stores need to do the same thing..
 
Old 03-15-2015, 07:36 AM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Reputation: 1197
Adults should be able to decide when they do adult things. If it's legal, it should be legal Sunday morning.
 
Old 03-15-2015, 08:30 AM
 
Location: In your feelings
2,199 posts, read 1,496,491 times
Reputation: 2168
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
If you can't come up with a reason this does not fall within the category of civil rights just say so, but please stop pretending you didn't say that.
Joey, she was trying to agree with what you said. She was disagreeing with the Clayton hillbilly. Chill out.

@Clayton guy, when you're in church on Sunday morning is it really eating you up inside that I'm having a mimosa with my omelette?
 
Old 03-15-2015, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Atlanta and St Simons Island, GA
21,043 posts, read 33,036,950 times
Reputation: 12709
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
No need to yell. Here's your quote

"If there's anything that annoys me, it's one group of individuals trying to legislate the behavior of another. Violation of civil rights is another category. This does not fall within it."

I read the whole thread. There isn't anything complex in here. You said that this is not violation of a civil right. I disagree. You can't just say you agree and have it be so when it isn't the case.

If you can't come up with a reason this does not fall within the category of civil rights just say so, but please stop pretending you didn't say that.
My point was that no one's civil rights are being infringed upon by a revision of the Sunday law. People are free to attend church or have a cocktail. Hell, I frankly think there should no limitations on your ability to serve at all.
So, I guess my question to you at this point is: How do you see civil rights being violated by this law being enacted?
 
Old 03-15-2015, 09:29 AM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Joey, she was trying to agree with what you said. She was disagreeing with the Clayton hillbilly. Chill out.
Then her wording was unclear and I misunderstood it. My mistake. Explain your point, but please don't tell me to "chill out." No one likes being told what to do.

Can we not call the guy a hillbilly? I disagree with a lot of what he posts but name calling is just childish. He may have more conservative views but that doesn't make him a hillbilly. He comes off as being an intelligent person.
 
Old 03-15-2015, 09:33 AM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,658,770 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
My point was that no one's civil rights are being infringed upon by a revision of the Sunday law. People are free to attend church or have a cocktail. Hell, I frankly think there should no limitations on your ability to serve at all.
So, I guess my question to you at this point is: How do you see civil rights being violated by this law being enacted?
I don't. I just misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that no one's rights were being violated by the laws that restrict the times people can drink. I'd like to apologize for my misunderstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top