U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:00 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,257,995 times

Advertisements

I think we can all respecfully agree with Gulch! Thanks, for your insightful post!

Old 03-16-2015, 03:04 PM

20,962 posts, read 32,955,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
I think we can all respecfully agree with Gulch! Thanks, for your insightful post!
Indeed I do. I believe that was mainly directed at you BTW.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:14 PM

4,129 posts, read 3,228,851 times
I'm out. This is looking like a thread in the religion section.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:19 PM

4,948 posts, read 6,884,993 times
I just wanna get drunk earlier. so yay!!

Old 03-16-2015, 03:27 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,157,751 times
Quote:
I simply stated that 1/7 of the week seemed to me to be a great compromise. I stand by that. The tyrants in this situation seem to be the "wets". "My way, my way, my way." You already have it your way; why fault people with different worldviews who long for simpler times. Bible believing people know a great deal about "free will", Jesus gives humans free will on whether or not to accept His free gift of salvation. We also have no need to live in a corrupt man-made theocracy today; we are all looking forward to the second coming and living in a place where Jesus is the only King. I hope and pray you will or have made the same decision. Only God sees what is in people's hearts. Make sure you use your God given "free-will" to make the most important decision. In the grand scheme of eternity when or where alcohol is served is a non-issue. Alcohol does not send people to Hell, having no relationship with Jesus does. However, having a less "wet" environment would be preferable to some.
Why are you not understanding the main argument though? Nobody is faulting you for your worldview, you're entitled to your own opinion. However, your worldview doesn't mean there is any need for a compromise under American law. Religion and law are VERY different - ever hear of separation of church and state? Laws that are created under a single religious belief have no place in our country, and this law is a remaining blue law that was only created because of Christianity. As somebody who is hell-bound in your very discriminatory opinion, I will not follow the "laws" of Christianity because Christians think I should, just like you will not follow the beliefs of an atheist. I am not "looking forward to the second coming", and really don't give a rats a** about any of that gibber jabber. Nobody is forcing you to go to brunch on Sundays at any restaurant that serves alcohol - but the current law forces everybody who doesn't believe in your religiously informed opinion to not have the option to drink on Sunday morning if they want to, which is wrong. If you would like to go out on Sunday morning, find a restaurant with the same beliefs as you, or put up with us lushes who are sitting peacefully eating breakfast with our families, while indulging in some alcohol responsibly.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:34 PM
JPD

11,871 posts, read 14,483,607 times
Quote:
I simply stated that 1/7 of the week seemed to me to be a great compromise. Of course it does....to you. I stand by that. The tyrants in this situation seem to be the "wets". That has a nice ring to it. "My way, my way, my way." My way: 100% voluntary, and by the way, participating costs money, but not participating is free...OH THE TYRANNY!!!You already have it your wayNo we don't. If we did, we'd be able to buy alcohol 24/7/365. (366 on leap year.); why fault people with different worldviews who long for simpler times We've already been over this.. The following portion has no relevance on this discussion.Bible believing people know a great deal about "free will", Jesus gives humans free will on whether or not to accept His free gift of salvation. We also have no need to live in a corrupt man-made theocracy today; we are all looking forward to the second coming and living in a place where Jesus is the only King. I hope and pray you will or have made the same decision. Only God sees what is in people's hearts. Make sure you use your God given "free-will" to make the most important decision. In the grand scheme of eternity when or where alcohol is served is a non-issue. Alcohol does not send people to Hell, having no relationship with Jesus does. However, having a less "wet" environment would be preferable to some .
You can have as little wetness in your life as you want. Leave the rest of us out of it.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:17 PM

4,244 posts, read 2,827,187 times
Quote:
I simply stated that 1/7 of the week seemed to me to be a great compromise. I stand by that.
Great, You keep standing. We don't.

[/quote]The tyrants in this situation seem to be the "wets". "My way, my way, my way." You already have it your way;[/quote]

I don't have it my way. I can't pick up a pack of beer in the way to a friend's house at noon on a Sunday.

Quote:
why fault people with different worldviews who long for simpler times.
You're not being faulted for your view. You're being faulted because you want to impose that view on others.

Quote:
Bible believing people know a great deal about "free will",
Really? So your version of "free will" is making people do things in the way you want them done? That's quite the stretch there, bro.

Quote:
I hope and pray you will or have made the same decision.
I haven't. And that's just fine.

Quote:
In the grand scheme of eternity when or where alcohol is served is a non-issue.
Oh, really? So then why on earth are you asking that the law keep people from having it during a time that you would prefer they didn't? You contradict yourself repeatedly.

Quote:
However, having a less "wet" environment would be preferable to some.
Then don't be in a "wet" environment. That is your choice.

Now, you keep crying that others are not answering your questions. I've asked several, and you haven't answered...so I'll make a nice tidy list to make it easy:

1. Are you under the impression that everyone who has some mimosas with brunch becomes loud, obnoxious, drunks that are not family-friendly?

2. I'd like to have sex in public. Will you agree to one day a week where people can have sex in public?

3. Would you agree to not practice your religion for a specified time period since others might not like it?

4. Should Jewish rules be able to determine how a restaurant can cook or serve food? Should pork be banished from everyone because it's against the Muslim religion to eat it? Should we just ban all alcohol and coffee because Mormons don't like it? Or is it just Christian beliefs we should listen to?

5. Would you agree to not wear any religious symbols since others can possibly be upset by it? I doubt it.

6. Why is your religion so important to you? Why can't you just not practice it sometimes?

Old 03-16-2015, 04:18 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,257,995 times
I do believe it was directed at us all, but I too am on my way out. On my way to Heaven hoping as many of you will join me as possible. John 3;16-17. Look it up in the world's best selling book.

"16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Love y'all!

Old 03-16-2015, 04:59 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,655,708 times
My freewill was not given to me by Jesus and will not be taken from me by any of his followers.

"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill"- Rush, "Freewill"

Old 03-16-2015, 07:10 PM

11,017 posts, read 21,594,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Um, who brunches before 12:30pm?
?? We're going full force on brunches in Chicago by 11:30am. There are 5 bottomless brunch places within about a 7 minute walk of my condo here and they're start filling up before 11am. By noon you're not going to get a seat for hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or