Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 11:25 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,940 times

Advertisements

Warning: Posters here only like to have their own worldviews parroted and have no interest in a true marketplace of ideas. Some of you who claim no religious affiliation certainly could earn a seat on the "Amen" pew. ;0)

Old 03-16-2015, 11:44 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,955 times
I cannot tell you how many times I've been kicked out of Red Lobster for dancing on tables and crowd-surfing.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:53 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Warning: Posters here only like to have their own worldviews parroted and have no interest in a true marketplace of ideas. Some of you who claim no religious affiliation certainly could earn a seat on the "Amen" pew. ;0)

We're talking about a law here. Big difference between a law saying you can or cannot do something and a few people talking on CD. Not to mention you're parroting your own viewpoint and trying to argue against ours. You aren't neutral on this issue (at least your posts certainly aren't showing that). You've been arguing for your point and that's no different than the rest of us arguing ours. It doesn't affect anyone. The difference is we're discussing a bill that could change things and does actually affect others.

I have no problem with you spouting with your opinion. Just know that on CD I can and often will argue for or against it. That's part of joining this forum. I knew when I signed up that some would disagree with me and that certainly has happened but they aren't trying to shut me up, they're just offering up a counterpoint.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Nobody cares about anyone else's worldview. But once these "worldviews" threaten to become legislation, we're gonna fight, and it's always going to be that way.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:55 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Nobody cares about anyone else's worldview. But once these "worldviews" threaten to become legislation, we're gonna fight, and it's always going to be that way.
You did a much better job at stating this than I did.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:49 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,249,243 times
I have no reason to make a compromise with the religious. My individual rights are not up for negotiation. Every step forward our society has taken has been resisted by the religious conservatives. This includes everything from the abolition of slavery, integration, women's rights, and the current process of the legalization of marijuana and marriage equality.

We will not stop until the stranglehold they have on the rights of others is completely dissolved. There will be no compromise. If you want to know what push-back is, read about M.L.K., Susan B Anthony and the like. They were fighting more important battles in the fight for freedom, but our adversary is the same. The fight will not end until oppression has been overcome.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:10 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,155,945 times
Quote:
Many people do not consider a restaurant full people drinking "bottomless" cocktails very family friendly. You, however, did not answer my question. I asked why it was so important to you.
The answer, which you seem completely unable to understand, is, none of your damn business. If he wants to drink at 10:30 in the morning, that is his choice. If you don't ever want to touch a drop of alcohol for the rest of your life, that is your choice.

If you want to live in a theocracy, feel free to move to one. Just don't you dare try to turn ours into one; and if you do, we will fight your zealotry tooth and nail.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:24 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
I'm nostalgic for the days before cigarettes. One-seventh of a week with no one smoking isn't too much to ask, is it? I mean, second-hand smoke actually can affect other people, so shouldn't we all be entitled to one day per week with clean air? I admit that I'm being facetious, but think about it. You also seem to be assuming that EVERYONE who has a drink at brunch will get knee-walking, sloppy drunk and "ruin" the experience of the other diners. I've been on this planet for more than 40 years, and I have never seen a bar fight or the like at brunch in Atlanta. As others have stated, if your sensibilities are offended by a lady having a mimosa or Bloody Mary with brunch, then you should probably stay home.
So true. That crowd will never grasp the concept of free will.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:43 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,940 times
I simply stated that 1/7 of the week seemed to me to be a great compromise. I stand by that. The tyrants in this situation seem to be the "wets". "My way, my way, my way." You already have it your way; why fault people with different worldviews who long for simpler times. Bible believing people know a great deal about "free will", Jesus gives humans free will on whether or not to accept His free gift of salvation. We also have no need to live in a corrupt man-made theocracy today; we are all looking forward to the second coming and living in a place where Jesus is the only King. I hope and pray you will or have made the same decision. Only God sees what is in people's hearts. Make sure you use your God given "free-will" to make the most important decision. In the grand scheme of eternity when or where alcohol is served is a non-issue. Alcohol does not send people to Hell, having no relationship with Jesus does. However, having a less "wet" environment would be preferable to some.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:45 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,119,427 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta