Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:50 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,249,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Well his rationale is that it allows him to travel to other places to do good beyond the local community in which his church is located.
That may be his rationale, but there are plenty of airlines he could use rather than get a private jet. He is more concerned with living a lavish lifestyle than doing good.

He is in it for the money. His followers have been duped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 04:58 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
That may be his rationale, but there are plenty of airlines he could use rather than get a private jet. He is more concerned with living a lavish lifestyle than doing good.

He is in it for the money. His followers have been duped.
Exactly...nor does he need two Rolls Royces, a multi-million dollar home in Atlanta, or a $2.5 million apartment in Manhattan. There is not a genuine need for a minister to own a private jet anymore than Jim and Tammy Bakker (and other evangelists) needed the luxurious lifestyle they lived.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:04 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Well his rationale is that it allows him to travel to other places to do good beyond the local community in which his church is located.
Or, he could buy an international first class ticket twice a week for the next five years and still have $60 million to do good beyond the local community.

Let's stop pretending this has anything to do with helping people.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Or, he could buy an international first class ticket twice a week for the next five years and still have $60 million to do good beyond the local community.

Let's stop pretending this has anything to do with helping people.
Helping people would mean spending great sums of money on the people - not on himself.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:34 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Helping people would mean spending great sums of money on the people - not on himself.
Are you aware of what he spends on the people though? I think this is the problem I have with this line of thinking because people typically don't know this. Dollar has pastored in Atlanta for several years and I'm sure he's done more than what anyone here is aware of in the local community. In the absence of that information, the most I can say is that it's probably more cost-efficient to buy a pre-owned jet or fly commercially. If he wants to take advantage of crowdfunding like everybody else, then hey, go for it. It's not like he's being dishonest about it or fleecing anyone.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Are you aware of what he spends on the people though? I think this is the problem I have with this line of thinking because people typically don't know this. Dollar has pastored in Atlanta for several years and I'm sure he's done more than what anyone here is aware of in the local community. In the absence of that information, the most I can say is that it's probably more cost-efficient to buy a pre-owned jet or fly commercially. If he wants to take advantage of crowdfunding like everybody else, then hey, go for it. It's not like he's being dishonest about it or fleecing anyone.
What I do know is the people in need don't benefit from the millions and millions he spends on himself. No one is saying that he never helps people - I'm sure his church has helped many over the years. But you seem to be trying to justify spending $65 million on a jet by saying he has helped people in the past. I am only talking about the luxurious lifestyle he lives when he could live a little more down to Earth and help many more causes. It's obscene.

He is taking people's donations and spending it on himself...all in the name of love. It's very dishonest.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:34 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
What I do know is the people in need don't benefit from the millions and millions he spends on himself. No one is saying that he never helps people - I'm sure his church has helped many over the years. But you seem to be trying to justify spending $65 million on a jet by saying he has helped people in the past. I am only talking about the luxurious lifestyle he lives when he could live a little more down to Earth and help many more causes. It's obscene.

He is taking people's donations and spending it on himself...all in the name of love. It's very dishonest.
It's actually for ministry purposes from what I understand and not personal use in a general sense. I do find it to be over the top, but like I said, he's putting it out there for what it is and if people want to freely give towards it, they will. I'm not one of his ministry supporters so I'll be keeping my money in my pocket.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:03 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,462,062 times
Quote:
The church isn't purchasing the jet.
Quote:
I know...the church's leader is. I will never understand why he would spend that kind of money on a jet when it could do so much good in the community.
Quote:
I think it was included in the first post of this thread....but here you go: Minister Creflo Dollar asks for $60 million for a jet - CNN.com
I thought you were implying that Dollar had decided to purchase the jet with his personal funds, after the church decided to abandon the camping to purchase the jet.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,146,666 times
I personally think it would be much better if ppl who are supposed to be in the business of helping ppl (which all pastors and motivational speakers are) would spend less on putting themselves into an over the top seat of luxury, live nicely (a simple salary of 200-250 would be more than suitable for a pastor and in fact would place him among the wealthiest in our world) and give the rest to charity. With 65 million, you could probably help alot of parishiners and homeless. Why not do that instead of keeping it all for yourself? That seems contrary to all common sense, insensitive to what difficulties are going on on our world and just flat out selfish. Good grief.

I don't even see how ppl follow pastors who are so obviously into themselves that they live an extreme life of luxury just bc others will allow it when the money could go tp helping the less fortunate in our world. It just seems odd ppl would be ok with that.

I think ppl need to stop worshipping man and start worshipping God.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Sorry, but I gotta ask: Was Creflo Dollar given his name at birth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta