U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2015, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Georgia native in McKinney, TX
6,938 posts, read 9,639,909 times
Reputation: 5385

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
How about he just fix the current jet!!!

If Delta, American, United, etc has an engine failure, they replace the engine and continue to fly the plane, not just give up on a 50-200 million dollar plane and buy a new one.

I wonder if they were even maintaining this jet properly or it was just a freak accident.
I'm surprised that a private jet costs that much. Surely he is raising money to maintain and fly it for some time to come. I also wonder if the old jet has some trade in value, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2015, 02:40 PM
 
11 posts, read 9,678 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
Above all, Jesus called His bishops (pastors) to be humble. My pastor is a noted speaker and flies all over the United States weekly: commercial. Usually Delta, it is the hometown airline.

Thats because he is just building his profile, if more and more people were clamoring to hear from him he would step up his game. They all start small, except for Stanley's son, he inherited his kingdom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 04:54 PM
 
27,960 posts, read 25,019,893 times
Reputation: 16614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
True. Creflo's been too busy beating his kids to get involved in financial scandals.
I wish more parents would discipline their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 05:12 PM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,580,032 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta 12345 View Post
Thats because he is just building his profile, if more and more people were clamoring to hear from him he would step up his game. They all start small, except for Stanley's son, he inherited his kingdom
That's not really true. Stanley started North Point church from nothing. By the way it's not Stanley's kingdom at all.

As for Dollar, I keep expecting him come out and say "gotcha" because this request is beyond absurd and has to be a practical joke. It absolutely boggles my mind that he can't see how this make him and the entire church body look to outsiders. I've always been a little suspicious of Dollar despite not knowing much about him and having no knowledge of anything egregious he has done. Well... until now

I just heard a gentlemen speak that has a ministry that feeds over 1 million people in Africa every single day and I can guarantee you that he is not riding around in a private jet to accomplish it.

Last edited by J2rescue; 03-16-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 05:17 PM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,580,032 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post

Nope...don't buy it. But people of faith tend to get caught up in such things. That's why they call it "faith".
Wrong. Faith is not the same thing as blind faith. The Bible even instructs Christians to test anything against the word of God. Anyone that has put their faith in Dollar (or ANY man for that matter) has made disastrous mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 05:48 PM
 
1,584 posts, read 1,662,032 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
Wrong. Faith is not the same thing as blind faith. The Bible even instructs Christians to test anything against the word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Georgia native in McKinney, TX
6,938 posts, read 9,639,909 times
Reputation: 5385
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
That's not really true. Stanley started North Point church from nothing. By the way it's not Stanley's kingdom at all.

As for Dollar, I keep expecting him come out and say "gotcha" because this request is beyond absurd and has to be a practical joke. It absolutely boggles my mind that he can't see how this make him and the entire church body look to outsiders. I've always been a little suspicious of Dollar despite not knowing much about him and having no knowledge of anything egregious he has done. Well... until now

I just heard a gentlemen speak that has a ministry that feeds over 1 million people in Africa every single day and I can guarantee you that he is not riding around in a private jet to accomplish it.
Excellent point. There was even a rift between the two when Andy left FBC Atlanta and for a while after he started North Point. They have reconciled since. Both honorable, humble men with excellent leadership and pastoral gifts. That they have both done well and churches have grown in a city that has had tremendous growth is nothing to sneer at, but some do just because of the numbers they both draw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Atlanta and St Simons Island, GA
21,156 posts, read 33,136,665 times
Reputation: 12807
A fool and his money are soon parted. Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 07:32 PM
 
1,375 posts, read 1,580,032 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
?
Exactly what part of this statement do you question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2015, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Georgia
4,985 posts, read 4,028,354 times
Reputation: 2800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I wish more parents would discipline their kids.
Discipline != abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top