Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:26 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Sorry, but I gotta ask: Was Creflo Dollar given his name at birth?
I wondered the same thing. Wikipedia suggests it may not.be his real name, though he contends that Creflo Dollar is indeed his birth name. The wiki article also states that his father's name is Creflo Dollar, Sr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 04:00 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
I wondered the same thing. Wikipedia suggests it may not.be his real name, though he contends that Creflo Dollar is indeed his birth name. The wiki article also states that his father's name is Creflo Dollar, Sr.

Oh please! Of course that is not his real name.

I don't understand what is going on over there and how Creflo is able to influence so many people to give up money. He will get the NEW jet. I guess the ministry takes advantage of folks' good old fashioned greed. Pay him and God will reward them/open up the windows pour me out a blessing type of thing.

I have a personal ax to grind so I am biased. My brother was a faithful member for many years. While he was paying his tithes and offerings, I was paying his rent and bills because he could not afford them after his contributions. I have never been so disgusted. We grew up in the same house; how in the world could he have fallen into that trap?

Old 04-27-2015, 04:53 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Oh please! Of course that is not his real name.

I don't understand what is going on over there and how Creflo is able to influence so many people to give up money. He will get the NEW jet. I guess the ministry takes advantage of folks' good old fashioned greed. Pay him and God will reward them/open up the windows pour me out a blessing type of thing.

I have a personal ax to grind so I am biased. My brother was a faithful member for many years. While he was paying his tithes and offerings, I was paying his rent and bills because he could not afford them after his contributions. I have never been so disgusted. We grew up in the same house; how in the world could he have fallen into that trap?
Why wouldn't it be his real name? Dollar is a surname of many people I know. And who would make up the name Creflo?

A tithe is ten percent of your income. That leaves 90 percent to pay bills and live off of. Somehow I don't think tithing was your brother's problem.

And it was reported weeks ago that he dropped the plans for the plane after all the negative publicity. Why is this thread still going on?

Old 04-27-2015, 04:59 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,029,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Why wouldn't it be his real name? Dollar is a surname of many people I know. And who would make up the name Creflo?

A tithe is ten percent of your income. That leaves 90 percent to pay bills and live off of. Somehow I don't think tithing was your brother's problem.

And it was reported weeks ago that he dropped the plans for the plane after all the negative publicity. Why is this thread still going on?
Wonder where the $65 million will go now?

Old 04-27-2015, 09:53 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Wonder where the $65 million will go now?
He hasn't raised $65 million but if his supporters still contribute towards the cause, he'll buy the jet--which is what I think is going to happen regardless.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
He hasn't raised $65 million but if his supporters still contribute towards the cause, he'll buy the jet--which is what I think is going to happen regardless.
You seem to always love to try and correct my comments. I guess I should go back to ignoring you.

I was obviously talking about however much has been raised thus far. $65 million was simply the number that has been discussed. But great catch. You got me!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:00 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,118 times
Maybe he will do us a favor and fly that $65M jet into a volcano...

Old 04-27-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Maybe he will do us a favor and fly that $65M jet into a volcano...

That would be similar to where he's headed in the afterlife.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:01 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
You seem to always love to try and correct whatever I comment on. I had just started reading your posts again, but that will change.
Dude, what in the world are you talking about???? This is a simple discussion with you presenting your thoughts and me presenting mine.

Quote:
I was obviously talking about however much has been raised thus far. $65 million was simply the number that has been discussed. But great catch. You got me!
Make no mistake, the man will get the money for his new jet. He might have suspended the fundraising campaign publicly, but his supporters will still make it happen for him.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,118 times
Quote:
That would be similar to where he's headed in the afterlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta