Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:18 PM

22 posts, read 99,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
There are lots of office complexes in the Suwanee/Duluth area, on Sugarloaf parkway, Peachtree Industrial Blvd, and around the Gwinnett Place mall. I don't know if any of them are specifically IT companies, but I would imagine most of those businesses either have IT personnel or use computer repair companies. Your husband should be able to find something close.

It is my non-expert opinion that the best time to find a house here is in the spring. That is when there seem to be the most houses going on the market. The ones "left over" by the end of summer are the less desireable ones, or the overpriced ones. So, you might want to time your move accordingly.
Noted - Thanks a bunch.. !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa1702 View Post
Hi ATLHopeful,

My name is Rafael. Originaly from Spain, but currently working in London. I´ve been offered a job in Norcross, andwe are very seriously considering it. My wife is American adnd we have to little ones. We hadbeen thinking for a while returningto the US, and this may be a good chance to do that. Anyway, I don´t know the area at all,but I saw your posts and it lookslike Suwanee is a nice area forfamilies.
Did you end up moving tere? If so, how have you found it? Are your little ones enjoying it? Schools? Entertainment? ...anything you can think of would be very hepful.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Rafael
rafa1702@yahoo.com
HI Rafael!

We are planning to go check out the area in a few months...hopefully all goes well, and then we can start making the actual plans to move.... so nope we haven't moved yet!

If you do a search on "Suwanee" on this forum, you will find a TON of info. That's pretty much what I've been doing! It does sound like a wonderful place.

I wish you and your family all the very best!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 PM
jpl

4 posts, read 9,759 times
Default IT jobs

I'm actually an IT recruiter in the Atlanta area. I talk to a lot of candidates that live in Suwanee...
I'd say the bulk of the IT needs closest Suwanee are in the Alpharetta area. I'm sure there are still needs in Suwanee, but you're probably going to see many more in Alpharetta area. (obviously second to downtown and perimeter area).
Having said that, Alpharetta isn't too bad of a commute from Suwanee (at least not for Atlanta). Especially if you are on the Forsyth County side of Suwanee
You can definitely get A LOT of house for your money up there.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl View Post
I'm actually an IT recruiter in the Atlanta area. I talk to a lot of candidates that live in Suwanee...
I'd say the bulk of the IT needs closest Suwanee are in the Alpharetta area. I'm sure there are still needs in Suwanee, but you're probably going to see many more in Alpharetta area. (obviously second to downtown and perimeter area).
Having said that, Alpharetta isn't too bad of a commute from Suwanee (at least not for Atlanta). Especially if you are on the Forsyth County side of Suwanee
You can definitely get A LOT of house for your money up there.
Thanks a lot jpl! Is it true that Alpharetta is very expensive and not diverse at all? Is it true that there are very few minorities there esp blacks? I'm not saying I want to live in a place that has all black people LOL, but a good mix of people from different backgrounds would be really nice. If Alpharetta is not bad in terms of diversity, traffic, COL.. then we might just look there as well... and live where the jobs are! We will see.

Thanks again for your comments!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:06 PM
jpl

4 posts, read 9,759 times
Default Alpharetta

Overall, I do think you'd get a lot more house for your money in Suwanee. Something also to consider...the property taxes in both Forsyth County and Gwinnett (Suwanee is in these two counties) are quite a bit lower than in Fulton County (which Alpharetta is in).
In terms of diversity, Alpharetta is actually pretty diverse.... but seems like demographics probably lean more to Caucasian, Asian, Indian. I can't remember the exact sites, but I know there are public school websites that have demographic breakdowns...so you could look up the specific demographics of the schools in the areas that you are looking for a good indication.
You may find that helpful...
I've lived in Atlanta area my entire life...the suburbs are definitely more diverse now than fifteen years ago...Thank God.
One things for sure...you are going to LOVE the weather coming from up North!!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl View Post
Overall, I do think you'd get a lot more house for your money in Suwanee. Something also to consider...the property taxes in both Forsyth County and Gwinnett (Suwanee is in these two counties) are quite a bit lower than in Fulton County (which Alpharetta is in).
In terms of diversity, Alpharetta is actually pretty diverse.... but seems like demographics probably lean more to Caucasian, Asian, Indian. I can't remember the exact sites, but I know there are public school websites that have demographic breakdowns...so you could look up the specific demographics of the schools in the areas that you are looking for a good indication.
You may find that helpful...
I've lived in Atlanta area my entire life...the suburbs are definitely more diverse now than fifteen years ago...Thank God.
One things for sure...you are going to LOVE the weather coming from up North!!

Gotcha. That was definitely very helpful... ! Thanks! About the weather....yep, that's definitely one of our biggest reasons for moving! I hope it stays nice...DH teases me that once we move there, it'll start snowing regularly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta