Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:32 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Nope, I won't chill while people like you are still out there who need education. Please seek help in this matter so you won't make such ridiculous comments. It makes you look really bad.
You seem to be looking for a fight...who are you again Joe? Why so angry and violent?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
You can't expect to make such comments and have people just ignore them. Your comments are so offensive I don't even know where to begin.

I guess you expect people to chill when racist comments are made too? I always expect strong responses to such ignorance.
Im not offended, what does race have to do with Aids? And yes I do expect chill when racist comments are made. Be easy Joe.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:40 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,032,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
You seem to be looking for a fight...who are you again Joe? Why so angry and violent?
Violent? Don't be silly.

I'm not the one who made ignorant/flippant comments about those people "dying off". It should make anyone with any human decency angry to read such trash. I can understand people making comments like yours in the 80s when not much was known about the disease, but there is really no excuse for it in 2015. I really suggest you educate yourself on the subject before making such foolish comments in a public forum again.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Im not offended, what does race have to do with Aids? And yes I do expect chill when racist comments are made. Be easy Joe.
Race has nothing to do with it...it was a parallel connection about bigoted/small-minded comments that illicit angry responses.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
That is a really bold statement Residing, are you sure these 100% Hetero?? I just think anyone who gets it most likely deserves it, a very small percentage of those infected are who I would classify at CAREFUL and WISE. Although the ways of the Careless and Unwise will eventually wipe many of themselves out. Most of us wont live to see the purge of these people complete, but things happen in time.
Just a reminder that this is the controversial comment made earlier. Note "the purge of these people".

Many of the heterosexuals infected today are from closeted men who bring it home to their unsuspecting spouses. People aren't necessarily being unwise or uncareful, but simply aren't educated about HIV or don't believe that it can happen to them. Do you really not know these things?

Old 06-26-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Race has nothing to do with it...it was a parallel connection about bigoted/small-minded comments that illicit angry responses.
Joe...i gotta put you on ignore bro. Way too emotional and feminine. Find someone else to fight with.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:59 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
Quote:
You "normal folks" can easily get it by being lied to, failure of a condom, or any number of other ways
You mean like your sex partner not revealing to you that he is HIV+?

Weren't you the one who argued with me on this very board that everyone is responsible for their own health and an HIV+ person has absolutely no responsibility to disclose his status before engaging in sex with another person?

Well, look at your quote. What if the other person IS responsible and uses a condom. And what if that condom breaks?

Maybe a big part of the problem is HIV+ people who think they can be as promiscuous as ever spreading the infection around to people who have no idea what their status is.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Joe...i gotta put you on ignore bro. Way too emotional and feminine. Find someone else to fight with.
LOL you are ridiculous. You can't make inflammatory comments like the ones you have made and then resort to calling people feminine or emotional just to deflect from the real issue. The fact that you want to purge society of a certain group of people is insane...and categorizing people with HIV/AIDS by how they got it is disgusting. You're blaming the victim, and everyone knows that isn't right. I really wish some others would chime in here. Surely this antiquated viewpoint can't be a popular one.

Your attitude is very 1980s, when not much was known about HIV/AIDS. Really - educate yourself on the subject so you won't make such a fool of yourself in the future.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
You mean like your sex partner not revealing to you that he is HIV+?

Weren't you the one who argued with me on this very board that everyone is responsible for their own health and an HIV+ person has absolutely no responsibility to disclose his status before engaging in sex with another person?

Well, look at your quote. What if the other person IS responsible and uses a condom. And what if that condom breaks?

Maybe a big part of the problem is HIV+ people who think they can be as promiscuous as ever spreading the infection around to people who have no idea what their status is.
I'm not sure who you're talking to here, but the issue is someone's comment that society should be purged of "those people". I have no idea what you're referring to or if you're directing it toward me, but your comment is definitely confusing.

I definitely think that someone should reveal his HIV status to sex partners, but also that people have some personal responsibility to have safe sex no matter what someone TELLS you his HIV status is. The point is that it shouldn't really matter...have safe sex every time if you are negative so you can stay that way.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 06-27-2015 at 12:48 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 01:27 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,054,003 times
Quote:
The point is that it shouldn't really matter...have safe sex every time if you are negative so you can stay that way.
But as you so eloquently pointed out, condoms break and things happen. There really is no such thing as 100% safe sex.

The only 100% way not to become infected with HIV is to not have sex at all, or to have sex only with other HIV- people. The first scenario is unlikely, and the second is tainted when people lie or don't reveal their status.

I thought long ago you made the argument that HIV+ people were under no moral obligation to reveal their statuses to partners before engaging in sex with them. That is what I was referring to. I believe that an HIV+ person is morally obligated to reveal that status to any sex partner, even if a condom is used and the partner doesn't ask.

The notion that HIV is not a death sentence and just a manageable chronic illness is leading to more irresponsible behavior, and I think that is partly to blame for the spike in new infections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta