Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:20 PM

270 posts, read 478,279 times

Advertisements

Looking at a job opening with a company in Atlanta that is located on or fairly close to airport grounds. Right now just considering the position along with a few others.

I currently live in the Houston suburbs in The Woodlands. Wherever I go I have no plans on giving up my place here. The plan is to commute.

Are there any places near or in very close proximity of the airport with apartments that are fairly clean,safe and affordable? I guess I could say affordable would $700-900 for a one bedroom. That's my budget as I am going to maintaining two households.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCEagles01 View Post
Looking at a job opening with a company in Atlanta that is located on or fairly close to airport grounds. Right now just considering the position along with a few others.

I currently live in the Houston suburbs in The Woodlands. Wherever I go I have no plans on giving up my place here. The plan is to commute.

Are there any places near or in very close proximity of the airport with apartments that are fairly clean,safe and affordable? I guess I could say affordable would $700-900 for a one bedroom. That's my budget as I am going to maintaining two households.
Not sure the price point and name, but off Virginia Avenue near the Delta Headquarters are some nice looking apartments that might be around that price point. When I'm in the area tomorrow once I get a name I can send you a message.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Not sure the price point and name, but off Virginia Avenue near the Delta Headquarters are some nice looking apartments that might be around that price point. When I'm in the area tomorrow once I get a name I can send you a message.
That would be excellent. That actually sounds great on the location. Thank you. I've been trying to Google map the address of this particular company and research from there to no avail.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:34 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
You're coming from the Woodlands, a nice upscale community. You are wanting to move to an area that can be spotty. There are some solid neighborhoods in Hapeville, College Park, and East Point, all within close proximity to the airport. There aren't many nice apartments in the area. I live in a house in College Park and love it, but there are few apartment complexes I would live in and feel the same.

Newest, in Hapeville, runway view but not too loud-
Bell Hartsfield Atlanta, GA

Older, in College Park -
Rugby Valley Apartments - College Park, GA

Can't find a site for these but walk by them all the time and they seem nice, probably privately owned -
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6626...sLWrEY3sKg!2e0

You are going to find that the large majority of apartments in the Tri-Cities (College Park, East Point, Hapeville) are probably places you don't want to live. I'm basing that off of where you currently live. I love the Tri-Cities, but it can be a little rough around the edges. It a different environment that The Woodlands But all have some beautiful, solid neighborhoods. I'm partial to Historic College Park myself.

Also, check for rentals, they have a lot geared towards pilots. Don't forget Atlanta has direct access to the airport via MARTA, you get from most places much quicker than a commute from The Woodlands to Houston.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:37 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,872,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
"Virgina Park", which is closer to Hapeville, could be one area you are thinking of.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:43 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
"Virgina Park", which is closer to Hapeville, could be one area you are thinking of.
Could be or Bell Hartsfield, I always thought they were nice looking apartments with a stunning view for plane spotting.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:49 PM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCEagles01 View Post

Just as an FYI, Peachtree City would be the closest approximation to the Woodlands you would find. There are a lot of airline employees who live down there. But I don't know if there are many apartments.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:50 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,965 times
You know...this just reminds me we need more and better Apartments on the 75/85 side of things.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
You're coming from the Woodlands, a nice upscale community. You are wanting to move to an area that can be spotty. There are some solid neighborhoods in Hapeville, College Park, and East Point, all within close proximity to the airport. There aren't many nice apartments in the area. I live in a house in College Park and love it, but there are few apartment complexes I would live in and feel the same.

Newest, in Hapeville, runway view but not too loud-
Bell Hartsfield Atlanta, GA

Older, in College Park -
Rugby Valley Apartments - College Park, GA

Can't find a site for these but walk by them all the time and they seem nice, probably privately owned -
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6626...sLWrEY3sKg!2e0

You are going to find that the large majority of apartments in the Tri-Cities (College Park, East Point, Hapeville) are probably places you don't want to live. I'm basing that off of where you currently live. I love the Tri-Cities, but it can be a little rough around the edges. It a different environment that The Woodlands But all have some beautiful, solid neighborhoods. I'm partial to Historic College Park myself.

Also, check for rentals, they have a lot geared towards pilots. Don't forget Atlanta has direct access to the airport via MARTA, you get from most places much quicker than a commute from The Woodlands to Houston.

Thanks ☺ I'm a Boston native and I will say for a city as spread out as Houston, it is sorely lacking in the Public Transportation dept. Rail -IMO -is badly needed here. It is good know that the ATL has rail along with the bus.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Just as an FYI, Peachtree City would be the closest approximation to the Woodlands you would find. There are a lot of airline employees who live down there. But I don't know if there are many apartments.
Appreciate that. Not crazy on the crashpad concept at all lol, but I have to have an open mind to everything.

Being a HUB city and the largest in the DL system ,there may turn into a possible option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta