Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:43 AM

125 posts, read 232,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysti View Post
Hello All !
I am seeking advice from any and all who may be able to offer it to me. I am moving to the Atlanta area this year, Aug. 26 to be exact. My issue right now is in deciding which area to look into to find a rental property closest to my job location. - Preferably, a nice, inexpensive, single family home, with 1+ bedrooms, a basement and at least a one car garage. - Am I asking for too much within my $700 maximum rental price range ???

The main reason this is a problem for me is the fact that there are 5 different locations in the city and surrounding areas where my job may be transferred and they are: 1. Near the Cumberland Mall, SE Atl 30339 2. Marietta 30062 3. Near Northlake Mall, Atl 30345 4. Near Gwinnett Place Mall, Duluth 30096 and 5. Near the Mall at Stonecrest, Lithonia 30038

So, I guess first of all, I need opinions on which job location would be best as far as the area, travel time- to & fro the city...

Please give me some insight !
The Cumberland Mall, Marietta, and Northlake Mall areas are good. If you worked near Stonecrest, the housing out there is reasonable but it would be a trek if you wanted to later work in Atlanta. My favorite here is Cumberland Mall because that's only about 20-25 min from Atlanta and it's easy to get to from most parts of Cobb or some parts of Fulton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 06:45 AM

125 posts, read 232,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ao35864 View Post
Hello All,I am lookin to purchase an insurance agency in Clayton County.I have heard mixed reviews on the area and its grwoth opportunity and problem with crime and schools.If purchased I plan to move to the Smyna or Camp Creek area. Are those good areas and should I stay away from Clayton.I have moved into problem areas and seen them become gems for business.Thoughts on where to move the busines if I purchase and if Clayton is an area that will sustain new as well as exisitng business with crime and school problems?
Camp Creek marketplace is definitely a gem.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,531 times
Hello I am looking to relocate to ATL in a few months with my three young kids. I know nothing about ATL but I am looking for a change. I do not want to move without being in a good county and school district for my kids. Please any advice and locations, counties, good top school districts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you...

Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM

7 posts, read 14,007 times
You're going to get a lot better advice if you read the link below and post your own thread.

Moving to atlanta soon? Read this first

You just bumped (replied to) a thread that's over a year and a half old.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,219 times
So I'm a Brooklyn gal I am currently working for NYPD been down for 10yrs I have a 12yr old daughter who is no longer interested in living in NYC she has been harassing me to move us to another state I hear many great things about Georgia but I know nothing about it and I have no relatives in the South to get info on where do I even start looking! I currently applied for Atlanta Police Dept. can you help me!

Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,965 times
Rent in Smyrna - probably the Post complex on Cobb Parkway. it's what everybody does when they transplant to Atlanta in their 20s.

it's almost walkable to everything you need, depending on how much you want to walk.

Cobb Parkway, Spring Road and Paces Ferry are good too - (for apartment complexes in walking distance of some shopping).

Also Howell Mill - if you are deadsst on walking to a Walmart. Nothings gonna be walkable like home though. Trust.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:31 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellybean33 View Post
So I'm a Brooklyn gal I am currently working for NYPD been down for 10yrs I have a 12yr old daughter who is no longer interested in living in NYC she has been harassing me to move us to another state I hear many great things about Georgia but I know nothing about it and I have no relatives in the South to get info on where do I even start looking! I currently applied for Atlanta Police Dept. can you help me!

I think it would depend on what Zone you work in. I know of at least 3 APD Zone 3 that live in my city of East Point (we have our own PD but are right over the border from Atlanta).

Also depends on what type of schooling you want your daughter to have. honestly - I would start with the high schools and then work backwards. I know there's a few Cities in the metro that have police shortages right now - however - that's usually due to payscale.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:44 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,776,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Cobb County will not be a 20-30 min. commute to the city, or to the airport. Perhaps you would like living intown better? Tell us more about what you are looking for specifically. House or apartment? Price range? Where will your job be?
Yes it will be. I live in Smyrna and work downtown. I've actually gotten there in less than 20 minutes via Marietta Blvd but the average is around 25 min via highway and 22 min via Marietta Blvd.

Edit: Tricked again by a senseless bump.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:44 PM

787 posts, read 968,809 times
Austell & Lithia Springs on Austell/Maxum rd & Thronton rd. Thornton rd which turns into Camp Creek Pwky is close to I-20 & a easy 30min ride to the airport. But sounds like Dunwoody/Perimeter Center with access MARTA (to travel to the air port) would be best for you, if you can afford it.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 916 times
Looking to relocate to Atlanta next yr....have three boys 9, 8' and 6 . which county will be best and have great schools.. And also pay nurses well (RN) thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta