Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,227 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Is there any norm or average size for secondary bedrooms? If secondary bedroom (total 3) sizes are of 11.5' X 11.3', 11.5'X11.3' and 10.3'x11.5' would it be considered ok? Do people buy such size houses or there are very less buyers for such bedroom sizes?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 11:16 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,779 times
Hello,

It wouldn't surprise me if federal funds have been spent determining an average size of secondary bedrooms. In theory, at least, there is an average. Whether your sizes are close to that average is anyone's guess.

I think some folks did buy houses with bedrooms that size, but later faced foreclosure. So, there is that to consider.

A more pertinent (but equally problematic) question might be if colorless green ideas would sleep furiously in bedrooms of that size. My answer to that, of course, would have to be yes and no.

Good luck in your search.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:56 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,336 times
those sizes are good for secondary bedrooms.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:12 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
Hello,

It wouldn't surprise me if federal funds have been spent determining an average size of secondary bedrooms. In theory, at least, there is an average. Whether your sizes are close to that average is anyone's guess.

I think some folks did buy houses with bedrooms that size, but later faced foreclosure. So, there is that to consider.

A more pertinent (but equally problematic) question might be if colorless green ideas would sleep furiously in bedrooms of that size. My answer to that, of course, would have to be yes and no.

Good luck in your search.
I have literally no idea what this post is trying to convey. It seems just like a collection of random buzzwords.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:47 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I have literally no idea what this post is trying to convey. It seems just like a collection of random buzzwords.
My apologies to you, the OP, and others who may have also experienced brief befuddlement if not downright disgust.

It was sort of a one-off test to see if it was even possible to write a post that could actually do that, so, thank you for the affirmation.

(Glad the OP got the OK for her post, too.)

Old 04-05-2015, 07:01 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times
With non-master bedrooms size is very relative. Our lovely old mid-century (built in 1961) had fairly small bedrooms period, with the master only being slightly larger and having its own equally small bathroom. When we lucked into our foreclosure in Lake Spivey three years ago, ALL of the bedrooms seemed huge with the master being really huge. The secondary bedrooms for what had been a custom home in the Lake Spivey community built in 1986 were as large or larger than the 1961 master bedroom in Morrow. Thar said, many newer homes I have seen have even huger master suites than we have, but the secondary bedroom sizes are smaller. Still, if you are only sleeping and potentially getting dressed in a room, how big does it have to be? I will say that my wife really enjoys the generously sized closets that came with the larger bedrooms. Which leads me to ask this question: didn't they have clothes in 1961?

Old 04-06-2015, 06:11 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,292 times
We've got two that are in that size range, maybe even a touch smaller. Really depends on the room layout how functional you can make it. The locations of closets, doors, and windows really drives where you can place furniture. A small room like that with windows on one wall will be more functional than one with windows on two walls.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:08 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear11 View Post
Hi All,

Is there any norm or average size for secondary bedrooms? If secondary bedroom (total 3) sizes are of 11.5' X 11.3', 11.5'X11.3' and 10.3'x11.5' would it be considered ok? Do people buy such size houses or there are very less buyers for such bedroom sizes?

Thanks!
That seems pretty close to normal for secondary bedrooms these days.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,227 times
Thanks everyone.

Reason I was asking is, we are in the process of making a decision buying a home which is on the market with those dimensions for bedrooms (Master is huge, huge, may be much more than we need). And though we don't have strict preference on sizes of bedrooms but they seemed smaller. But biggest point I want to make sure is to not lock into something that I can't sell later or have hard time selling it.

Before posting here, I checked the general forums on average sizes of secondary bedrooms but wanted to understand general trend in Atlanta as I am buying here.

I am sorry if my original post didn't convey the proper question but I wanted to be as generic as possible to get broader view - in the process may be I was too generic.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: