U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 10:02 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,795,302 times

Advertisements

Braves win. Nats lose (again). Marlins are in the cellar. Mets closer is suspended for half a season. Sure, it's Washington's division...but...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:42 AM

40 games in-- Braves at .500, only 3.5 behind Nats. Trading Kimbrel (to get rid of B.J Upton) is probably the difference between being in third and first in the standings. Still, with the Nats underachieving so far--things are at least a little interesting --which is nice for the kids, now that school is finally out and they can watch some games!

Old 05-22-2015, 09:14 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,121,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
40 games in-- Braves at .500, only 3.5 behind Nats. Trading Kimbrel (to get rid of B.J Upton) is probably the difference between being in third and first in the standings. Still, with the Nats underachieving so far--things are at least a little interesting --which is nice for the kids, now that school is finally out and they can watch some games!
Grilli has 2 blown saves in 14 attempts. One of those came against the 'Nats, so I guess winning that one would have counted double in the standings. Still . . . the starting pitching has been more of an issue than closing games out.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
Grilli has 2 blown saves in 14 attempts. One of those came against the 'Nats, so I guess winning that one would have counted double in the standings. Still . . . the starting pitching has been more of an issue than closing games out.

Overall bullpen depth is an issue for the Braves--and having Kimbrel would have probably been worth at leat a couple more wins against the Nat's --and maybe a handful elsewhere. Even then, I would expect for the Nats to eventually finish ahead of the Braves--but, we could be leading now--and that would be pretty nice.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 AM

687 posts, read 539,897 times
To say the Nats are underachieving is a stretch, haven't they won 8 of 10?!

Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
To say the Nats are underachieving is a stretch, haven't they won 8 of 10?!
The Nats are a team that is built to win a World Series playing in a division where half the teams all but gave up on the season before the first pitch was thrown, and the rest of the division are the Marlins and the Mets, and yet they sit only 3.5 games above .500 with a half game lead. They should be running away with this thing!

Old 05-22-2015, 12:41 PM

1,164 posts, read 963,446 times
These Braves are a fun team to watch. Their fundamentals are pretty solid, even if they're not bursting with big-name talent. I feel at least more optimistic about the future of the rotation with Folty and Perez in there, and young acquisitions like Banuelos and Wisler hopefully ready to step up soon.

I was opposed to the Heyward trade because he's still so young, but thus far Shelby Miller is helping me get over it.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:49 PM

4,376 posts, read 3,536,792 times
Shelby Miller is the pitcher we got for Heyward and some reliever, he's been doing very well at least and Heyward not so much.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:29 AM

2,860 posts, read 2,805,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Opening day is here but I feel like a child whose candy has been taken away.......Heywood and J-Upt was bad but now losing the Killer Kimbrel one day before the season opener....gotta say I'm pretty devastated.
Having come from a place with no pro sports teams has given me a lot of time to observe places that do have them. Maybe I even developed a bit of envy. One thing I have noticed about Atlantans is lack of loyalty. It's like other cities support their teams all up and through a slump, but that does not seem to be the sentiment here in Atlanta.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:12 AM

29,275 posts, read 26,215,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
One thing I have noticed about Atlantans is lack of loyalty. It's like other cities support their teams all up and through a slump, but that does not seem to be the sentiment here in Atlanta.
Au contraire. We've stood by our local lads through decades of thick and thin, many of them very thin indeed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or