Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 04:01 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Cause I'm still trying to figure out why you're so angry at the Braves for doing what pro teams do. Trade players. We lost a few starting pitchers and relievers, some like Santana and Harang have a laundry list of teams they've played for. Beachy and Medlen were injured. We got Jordan Walden for Tommy Hansen a couple years ago. He was then a part of the Heyward trade. Johnny Venters was released. The other pitchers I haven't even heard of much. Gattis will be missed but we got 3 players born in 91 or 92. Definitely aiming for the future. Jace Peterson is now 2B and was part of the Justin Upton trade. Also got 2 players born in 94 and one born in 93. Heyward will also be missed but will be replaced by 2 also born in the early 90s. I hate getting rid of Kimbrel but he's getting 33 mil over 3 years just to make an appearance for one inning in a handful of games per week but it was tied into the wonderful unloading of a terrible BJ Upton (er, Melvin). But we get more youngsters for the farm system and free up money. The Braves will be good again. They're deep in young pitching talent. I remember when Teheran and Avilan were on the Gwinnett Braves. Now they're important pieces of the rotation and bullpen. Just give it time.

Exactly. We still have a top notch shortstop in Simmons. Freeman is still a solid player. Chris Johnson had a great 2013 but fell off a bit in 2014. Still hitting better than Uggla or BJ Upton ever did though.
Thank you. Trades happen constantly and teams look different every opening day. Some people really don't grasp this concept.

We also got some pretty great players like Jace Peterson, Markakis, Young, Gomes, etc. The Braves may surprise a lot of people this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 04:55 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Braves will be good again at some point in the future but that doesn't mean many of the old fans that left will come running back.

And better hope another city in the south doesn't get an MLB team that would divide Braves territory. I personally would love to have a near by baseball team to be able to be a fan of the sport again.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:42 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Well, so far for tonight's game, the Braves are up 7-0.....in the first inning.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:50 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,162,536 times
Not sure if this analogy is appropriate, but some of these unhappy campers almost sound like some guy they think is a douchebag just left the bar with your cute young girlfriend.

Anyway, I don't know what team could fill in other than the Jackets but they're not pro, of course.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
Not sure if this analogy is appropriate, but some of these unhappy campers almost sound like some guy they think is a douchebag just left the bar with your cute young girlfriend.
Oh for sure. But I'd rather be the guy looking for a better girl than the douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
Anyway, I don't know what team could fill in other than the Jackets but they're not pro, of course.
Looking forward to Atlanta's MLS team to fill that void. And judging by ticket pre-sales so are a lot of others.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:25 PM

304 posts, read 324,969 times
Guess the Marlins made sure the roof was closed tonight, after taking heat due to that debacle from last night.

Nice win tonight for the Braves. But as the late Skip Carey would say, "We could have save some of those runs for tomorrow night."

Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 PM

687 posts, read 744,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arc-lang View Post
Guess the Marlins made sure the roof was closed tonight, after taking heat due to that debacle from last night.

Nice win tonight for the Braves. But as the late Skip Carey would say, "We could have save some of those runs for tomorrow night."
I think they've been saving them up since last September!

Old 04-08-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Braves will be good again at some point in the future but that doesn't mean many of the old fans that left will come running back.

And better hope another city in the south doesn't get an MLB team that would divide Braves territory. I personally would love to have a near by baseball team to be able to be a fan of the sport again.
So you aren't a fan because the Braves traded some of your favorite players? Then you weren't a fan to begin with. That's pitiful and sounds awfully whiny.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
So you aren't a fan because the Braves traded some of your favorite players? Then you weren't a fan to begin with. That's pitiful and sounds awfully whiny.
The only thing left of the team is the name. Real fans know a team is more than a name.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
The only thing left of the team is the name. Real fans know a team is more than a name.
You really don't know much about baseball then and your comment prove it. There are 29 other teams in MLB and you are welcome to be a fan of any of them...see if you can find one that stays the same or even nearly the same each year. You won't - but happy hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta