Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times

Advertisements

I'm glad I'm still a fan. Last night's game was fun to watch. Still have Johnson Simmons and Freeman doing good work defensively. Jace Peterson had a good spring and looks to continue that into April. It's still veeerrrryyy early but so far they've shown promise for what's supposed to be a bad season. Can't wait for them to really put it all together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 02:16 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
You really don't know much about baseball then and your comment prove it. There are 29 other teams in MLB and you are welcome to be a fan of any of them...see if you can find one that stays the same or even nearly the same each year. You won't - but happy hunting.
I am slowly becoming a fan of the Cubs. They have been in the same beautiful stadium a 100 years and are good to their fans and their fans are loyal in return despite the record long period without a world series win. But I am also hoping the Nashville or Charlotte gets a team so there is someone closer I can root for. And who knows, maybe a decade or so from now maybe the Braves will find new owners and decide a team is more than dollars and player stats and they actually care about their fans in Atlanta.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:25 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I am slowly becoming a fan of the Cubs. They have been in the same beautiful stadium a 100 years and are good to their fans and their fans are loyal in return despite the record long period without a world series win. But I am also hoping the Nashville or Charlotte gets a team so there is someone closer I can root for. And who knows, maybe a decade or so from now maybe the Braves will find new owners and decide a team is more than dollars and player stats and they actually care about their fans in Atlanta.
Real sports fans don't drop their teams that easily. If you can so easily interchange the teams you're a fan of then more power to you. I'm a little more loyal, as are most real fans.

Nashville and Charlotte aren't nearly big enough to support an MLB team. It takes a larger population than they have to offer, and the fact that you don't seem to realize this tells me that you don't know a lot about the sport. It will be many years before those cities get a team.

Cubs fans peeing in cups due to the bathroom situation at Wrigley Field:

cubs fans peeing in cups - Bing Images

Old 04-08-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I'm glad I'm still a fan. Last night's game was fun to watch. Still have Johnson Simmons and Freeman doing good work defensively. Jace Peterson had a good spring and looks to continue that into April. It's still veeerrrryyy early but so far they've shown promise for what's supposed to be a bad season. Can't wait for them to really put it all together.
That was a great game! It's too bad some of the naysayers in this thread can't get past their childish hurt feelings and see that this Braves team is a pretty good one. It's sad.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:32 PM

Sorry Joe, Braves have done plenty enough to lose the support of me and many others. Good luck on your blind following of a name. I desire a team that is worthy of support.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry Joe, Braves have done plenty enough to lose the support of me and many others. Good luck on your blind following of a name. I desire a team that is worthy of support.
I'm a real fan...no apology necessary. You, on the other hand, sound like a casual or fair weather fan. Good luck finding a team that can live up to your ridiculous standards. It isn't blind following - it's loyalty. The Braves haven't done anything that makes a real fan need to take away his support. I haven't seen you post anything that is a good enough reason. It sounds like a bunch of whining...keep it up, it makes you sound really mature.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:46 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,746 times
Quote:
That was a great game! It's too bad some of the naysayers in this thread can't get past their childish hurt feelings and see that this Braves team is a pretty good one. It's sad.
Uh, slam on your breaks. This team is not "pretty good". The first 2 games have been great and fun to watch, but there are still 160 to go. They're average at best.

If they exceed everyone's expectations, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm not betting on it.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I'm a real fan...no apology necessary. You, on the other hand, sound like a casual or fair weather fan. Good luck finding a team that can live up to your ridiculous standards. It isn't blind following - it's loyalty. The Braves haven't done anything that makes a real fan need to take away his support. I haven't seen you post anything that is a good enough reason. It sounds like a bunch of whining...keep it up, it makes you sound really mature.
Joe, they could with the World Series this year and I would still be the opposite of their fan. Enjoy your loyalty to a name that represents nothing.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:56 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,989 times
Quote:
We get it. In your mind, the Braves should have ignored clear statistics showing where the bulk of their fanbase actually lives, and, while they were at it, forgotten about the fact that, despite repeated promises, the CoA has effectively done nothing to improve the area surrounding Turner Field for over 40 years. Yup, they should have just kept on keepin' on...

You post some very good things in this forum on other subjects - your analysis of the recent legislative session comes to mind - but your obsession with this particular topic and maniacal posts on it really make you look silly. If you're so over the Braves, may I suggest that you stop posting about them?

Old 04-08-2015, 03:40 PM

Ha. Compare Cumberland and Summerhill in 30 years and lets see if we can find the real source of the problem (hint: the Braves are a terrible neighbor). And you are right, It is not fair to say I am "done" with the Braves. I have followed the Braves far too long for that. They have earned an anti-fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta