Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 09:36 AM

687 posts, read 744,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Johnson wants to go, and the Braves want to get rid of him. But, his contract is probably too big for any team to justify it without the Braves picking up a healthy chunk of the tab (Courtesy of Frank Wren, the gift that keeps on giving) --but, maybe if we can throw a pretty good closer in with the deal...
Do we have any closers left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 09:46 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,785,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Do we have any closers left?
Even if we did, I don't think that there are any San Diego Padre's left to take the bait!

Old 07-28-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Avilan may have peaked for the Braves. Either he is struggling this year, or he has reached a point where he cannot contribute to the Braves.

Another Brave that has a good chance of finding another team is Chris Johnson. He has been out of the lineup for two consecutive games.
A.J. Pierzynski is probably a best bet for a trade. At 38 he is not the Braves long term solution at catcher--but he is having a very good year, so he has value for someone. Only possible reason to keep him is that he may have added value in developing our young pitchers.--but I doubt that will be enough.--besides, it would be nice to see him finish up on a contender.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
A.J. Pierzynski is probably a best bet for a trade. At 38 he is not the Braves long term solution at catcher--but he is having a very good year, so he has value for someone. Only possible reason to keep him is that he may have added value in developing our young pitchers.--but I doubt that will be enough.--besides, it would be nice to see him finish up on a contender.
Anything left after all these trades?

At this rate the Chik-fil-a Cow and the Home Depot tool race tools will be getting a game.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:46 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Quote:
Anything left after all these trades?

At this rate the Chik-fil-a Cow and the Home Depot tool race tools will be getting a game.
What trades? This is just talk, not actual trades.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Fully aware its just talk.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
If Girili hadn't gotten hurt, I think he would be gone--for the same reasons why I think AJ will go (old guy having a good year...).

Old 07-29-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Fully aware its just talk.
Well...it wasn't clear because of your comment "after all these trades". Sorry, but it sounded like you were thinking that the talk of trades was actual trades.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
If Girili hadn't gotten hurt, I think he would be gone--for the same reasons why I think AJ will go (old guy having a good year...).
I guess we'll have to wait and see...he may be, but hopefully we will get something good for him. I like him and hope he gets to stay.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Well...it wasn't clear because of your comment "after all these trades". Sorry, but it sounded like you were thinking that the talk of trades was actual trades.
"After all these trades" is still a valid comment whether or not any more actually take place this week.

Regardless of the pros/cons on whether individuals players should have been traded or not you can't deny that to the casual Braves fan (I'm talking the 5/10 games a summer) it looks as though the team they have vibed and associated with the last few years has been almost totally dismantled. I went to the Cubs game the Saturday before last and literally recognized one name (Andrelton Simmonds).

Cast your minds back to last season and the amount of Kids sporting Oslo Blanco tshirts and hats for Gattis or the sheer number of Haywood and Kimbrel replica shirts being worn. Don't see the club selling out of Nick Markakis shirts soon (and this isn't a dig at Markakis who I actually think is decent).

I know and respect that the season ticket holders will mainly stick through thick and thin but I think it would be madness for the Braves to risk losing the interest of so many of the 'casuals' over this and next summer.

Out of interest Joe do you know how many season ticket holders the Braves currently have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta