U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 01:59 PM

119 posts, read 108,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
It doesn't matter what YOU consider city limits....the city limits are what they are. What is meant by outside the city limits means what is not incorporated in the actual CITY OF ATLANTA, not what is considered part of the metro.
I should have said "I never would have considered my area outside of city limits." That probably makes more sense.

Anyway, 1.5 years later and I'm still trying to get used to living here. Great city though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,041,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
bryan - Here is a map of the Atlanta city limits. You can find it many other places such as in Google maps:

They don't put "Welcome to Atlanta" signs on every street, but if you call the police they will send a Dekalb officer, not CoA officer.

There are some areas that are working to be annexed into the city. But it takes an organized effort to make it happen.

But as for the area, I live not too far away, and I love the neighborhood. I think it will see a lot of good things in the future. And is a great option for people to buy in on the ground floor.
Thanks for the map!!

Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM

23,247 posts, read 17,451,661 times
Quote:
Well, that's magical thinking. I'm not familiar with every neighborhood east of downtown, but I would say that there are probably a considerable number that are not secure investments, at least not for timeframes under 10 years.

It doesn't matter what YOU consider city limits....the city limits are what they are. What is meant by outside the city limits means what is not incorporated in the actual CITY OF ATLANTA, not what is considered part of the metro.
Eg: Edgewood, Ormewood Park, Woodland Hills, East Lake. Those areas are improving and people can still find affordable homes. Anything south of Confederate is not considered the eastside.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
Outside the city limits? How does one figure that? Forgive me, I'm still trying to figure Atlanta out. I live right by this address off of Eastland and I would never consider my location outside of city limits. Then again, the Kroger next to my house is half in Atlanta and half in Dekalb. Maybe that's what you mean.

Anyway, those townhouses are really nice from what I can tell. And our neighborhood can be a little sketchy, but nothing out of the ordinary for city living (I'm originally from Chicago). It's super close to the airport and right up the street from East Atlanta Village, Edgewood, and Little Five Points. I love the area!
Well, welcome to Atlanta; I'm glad you're enjoying your neighborhood!

Old 04-09-2015, 02:59 PM

207 posts, read 257,203 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastside,_Atlanta

Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM

8,271 posts, read 10,209,538 times
Is it possible to find something affordable in Woodland Hills? I'd live there in a second, I thought it had gone expensive for anything that doesn't need $100,000 or more worth of work.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:59 PM

10,480 posts, read 7,467,852 times
Quote:
Is it possible to find something affordable in Woodland Hills? I'd live there in a second, I thought it had gone expensive for anything that doesn't need $100,000 or more worth of work.
It's a smaller neighborhood, but looks like there are two houses listed there on Zillow. They both are well under $200K and in decent shape.

Woodland Hills Atlanta Real Estate - 13 Homes For Sale | Zillow

Old 04-10-2015, 01:00 AM

8,271 posts, read 10,209,538 times
That's not the Woodland Hills I was thinking of.

This is what I meant: Woodland Hills Neighborhood Association Boundary

That's why I was surprised to see it considered Eastside.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:56 AM

10,480 posts, read 7,467,852 times
Quote:
That's not the Woodland Hills I was thinking of.

This is what I meant: Woodland Hills Neighborhood Association Boundary

That's why I was surprised to see it considered Eastside.
Ah, yeah, that Woodland Hills is (currently) just outside the city limits. And the one in SE Atlanta is just inside the city limits. Too many Woodland Hills to keep up with!

Old 04-11-2015, 02:17 PM

Well, so far I've realized the neighborhoods that I CAN'T consider due to the price tag. I'm realizing the trick with the East Side is, even if I find something under $170k, then there's the question of safety for a single female. Even though it's being revitalized, it's figuring out which areas aren't quite there yet. Pretty sure I'm not going south of I20 though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or