U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 05:19 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,041,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkeating View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think that's actually in Grant Park. Looks like the neighborhood is Custer/McDonough/Guice. Those realty listings can be deceptive sometimes.
Thanks, now I see what you're saying after taking another look at the map!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 05:52 AM

23,247 posts, read 17,451,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Really? Because on the "Affordable Intown Living" forum, someone stated that they would never suggest a single female living in either Grant Park or Kirkwood; another female poster said she'd lived in Grant Park for 7 years, and never felt "completely safe." So, I wasn't aware it was pristine. I mean, that's great if it is!
Safety and pristine are relative to the person. Grant Park is beautiful neighborhood and I personally know several single females living in Kirkwood who are active in the neighborhood and are seen walking around, etc.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:54 AM

10,480 posts, read 7,467,852 times
I will add, I was out on my bike yesterday and 80% of the dozen or so people I saw walking were single females (well, they were by themselves. I have no idea what their relationship status is). So clearly there are plenty that feel safe enough in this part of town.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 AM

Okay, one more question: Am I clear (from what I see on a map) That part of Grant Park and the East Side are BELOW I20?? Cuz it sure does look like it. I'm just trying to figure out if I can't find anything in Grant Park, what would be the limit on how far south to go if i were to find something.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:43 AM

10,480 posts, read 7,467,852 times
Quote:
Okay, one more question: Am I clear (from what I see on a map) That part of Grant Park and the East Side are BELOW I20?? Cuz it sure does look like it. I'm just trying to figure out if I can't find anything in Grant Park, what would be the limit on how far south to go if i were to find something.
Yes, almost all of Grant Park is below I-20. All of my neighborhood is south of I-20.

The limit is go walk around the area and see if it is somewhere you feel comfortable living.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:14 AM

119 posts, read 108,721 times
So many people said to me when I first moved here "DON'T LIVE SOUTH OF 20." Ridiculous. I love living south of 20. There is a lot of amazing things going on south of 20, so don't let people deceive you otherwise. What is safe/isn't safe is different for everyone (which I'm sure other posters have already stated). Be smart, that's what important.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
So many people said to me when I first moved here "DON'T LIVE SOUTH OF 20." Ridiculous. I love living south of 20. There is a lot of amazing things going on south of 20, so don't let people deceive you otherwise. What is safe/isn't safe is different for everyone (which I'm sure other posters have already stated). Be smart, that's what important.
Thanks for this. I keep seeing properties below Grant Park closer to "Peoplestown" that are more budget friendly. Are you familiar??

Old 04-14-2015, 11:36 AM

119 posts, read 108,721 times
Quote:
Thanks for this. I keep seeing properties below Grant Park closer to "Peoplestown" that are more budget friendly. Are you familiar??
I am not too familiar with Peoplestown, but I believe it's right around Turner Field. Someone else may be able to offer some insight, but I've been told the area around Turner Field is sketchy. Who knows.

In my limited experience, everything east of Boulevard seems to be the "nicer" areas, but I'd love to be corrected by another poster. I'm still feeling everything out down here myself.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:45 AM

445 posts, read 375,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
I am not too familiar with Peoplestown, but I believe it's right around Turner Field. Someone else may be able to offer some insight, but I've been told the area around Turner Field is sketchy. Who knows.

In my limited experience, everything east of Boulevard seems to be the "nicer" areas, but I'd love to be corrected by another poster. I'm still feeling everything out down here myself.
I'm not an expert on the area, but there are a lot of fancy areas in Grant Park west of Boulevard (the majority of the neighborhood's west of Boulevard, right?). I think the area around the soon-to-be-former baseball stadium is a good investment, but is probably pretty rough right now.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:17 PM

Thanks bryanalan and Dkeating. I just read that Peoplestown is gearing toward improved, but low-income housing as part of their gentrification efforts. Don't know what that will mean in the long run for safety or resale value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or