Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 08:18 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
BRT huh? Guess we'll see. Still think a gold line extension would help a bit more, but BRT is a start, especially if it were then carried down Buford Highway! But all that would require a joining of MARTA. Too bad that wasn't an option suggested!

It is odd that there wasn't any represitatives from Gwinnett County Transit... unless they're included with Gwinnett DOT?
I do not think it is a true BRT system, with lane separation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 08:27 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldoeok View Post
Looking back Atlanta is not a stable place. Good areas today can and will turn into bad areas tomorrow. Bad areas today can turn into good areas. As people, normal working people, you get no say into how the area develops.
Trust the wise men. They know what is in your best interest.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:30 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I do not think it is a true BRT system, with lane separation.
The plan does suggest lane seperated BRT. They talk about possibly using lane seperated streetcar, but going with BRT as a cost saver.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:34 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
The CID worked hard on this plan.

Unfortunately, the CID has no real power. All it can do is plan and suggest. The county has to approve and budget any project.

It's a real shame that they had to leave all of the mall owned property out of the plan. Moonbeam Capital, who owns the mall, is completely useless. What good have they done? Nothing.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:00 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Hmm...I would like to think that this will change things but if the mall itself has nothing going for it...I dunno. So many malls are just so generic and I think many people have grown tired of those kinds of malls.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:14 PM

880 posts, read 2,862,295 times
I really wish they would turn it into an international Asian/Hispanic shopping mall. Kind of take the Mega Mart idea and expand with it!

Old 09-15-2015, 03:52 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
Quote:
I really wish they would turn it into an international Asian/Hispanic shopping mall. Kind of take the Mega Mart idea and expand with it!
Yeah, because Mega Mart did so much to help revitalize the mall.

Heralded as it was as the savior of the mall, Mega Mart did strikingly little to help anything. The top two floors are almost completely vacant. Mega Mart owns its space. You could make an argument that the mall would have been better off with vacant space than with Mega Mart because at least then it might be able to least it out to someone that will actually use more than the first floor.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:05 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
The CID worked hard on this plan.

Unfortunately, the CID has no real power. All it can do is plan and suggest. The county has to approve and budget any project.

It's a real shame that they had to leave all of the mall owned property out of the plan. Moonbeam Capital, who owns the mall, is completely useless. What good have they done? Nothing.
Why does that sound so familiar?

- skbl17

Old 09-16-2015, 07:15 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
They mauled the mall.
This is so hilarious, I almost coughed up my breakfast!!

Old 09-16-2015, 12:15 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,786,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldoeok View Post

Looking back Atlanta is not a stable place. Good areas today can and will turn into bad areas tomorrow. Bad areas today can turn into good areas. As people, normal working people, you get no say into how the area develops.
I think that has been due to migration patterns that revolved around a lack of boundaries/limitless cheap land around metro, and race. Gridlock is ending the limitless boundary thing, and while race still matters--it is not nearly as important as it once was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta