U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:54 AM

5,432 posts, read 3,832,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Chicago hasn't been in the top 10 of "most dangerous cities" in the past 30 years, while Atlanta has been. You have to take into consideration that the actual city of Chicago has over 4 million residents. Having 400-500 murders a year is very insignificant when you calculate the murder rates.
You're off by about a million and a half.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:29 PM

3,329 posts, read 3,993,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
It's beyond ridiculous. And the claims range from pervasive crime to horrible customer service in every possible category to rude residents. The problem is obviously not with Atlanta.
Your statement wouldn't be true if other people didn't have the same complaints as well. Several people have come onto this forum at various occassions to complain about how bad the customer service there is. Also, if one were to look at the comments about Atlanta on other relocation forums outside City Data, you don't find as much boosting. The people there are more honest about it and they also talk about how bad the crime is there.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:39 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Your statement wouldn't be true if other people didn't have the same complaints as well. Several people have come onto this forum at various occassions to complain about how bad the customer service there is. Also, if one were to look at the comments about Atlanta on other relocation forums outside City Data, you don't find as much boosting. The people there are more honest about it and they also talk about how bad the crime is there.
I haven't seen "several" people complaining about general customer service in Atlanta...more like 2. No matter how many, it doesn't make it true.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 PM

5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Quote:
Also, if one were to look at the comments about Atlanta on other relocation forums outside City Data, you don't find as much boosting.
Challenging ridiculous, obviously false claims is NOT boosting - no matter how you attempt to spin it.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:46 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,912,763 times
I am burned out by life I need crack signed Bobby Brown

Old 04-24-2015, 01:05 PM

3,329 posts, read 3,993,030 times
Quote:
Challenging ridiculous, obviously false claims is NOT boosting - no matter how you attempt to spin it.

Atlanta being on the most dangerous cities list for like 20 years is a ridiculous and false claim by who, The FBI?!

Old 04-24-2015, 01:08 PM

2,860 posts, read 2,813,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I haven't seen "several" people complaining about general customer service in Atlanta...more like 2. No matter how many, it doesn't make it true.
I must be the second because I do have to co-sign his comment.

I am normally polite and usually get a resolution/compromise even here, but I wasn't used to needing to come locked and loaded straight out the gate for BASIC customer service. You name a company, be it bricks and mortar or otherwise, and I could probably give an an example.

I'm sure a lot has to do with what you were accustomed to prior to arriving here. Maybe the global nature of who we speak to now contributes to the perception of someone not understanding you. I'd even go along with repeating yourself on a wack voice recognition system being an annoyance. That happens mostly everywhere these days so I would not consider that a problem specific to Atlanta.

I am saying the face-to-face contact is unnecesarrily harsh. Part of the interaction should be having someone able to simply answer a question without acting like they are inconvenienced. You'd think the money came out their pocket for all the attitude that's thrown and I'm saying from northside to southside to every side from Big Lots to Sprint. There is often a situation with poor customer service here

Old 04-24-2015, 01:37 PM

5,286 posts, read 3,503,555 times
Quote:
Atlanta being on the most dangerous cities list for like 20 years is a ridiculous and false claim by who, The FBI?!
Funny, we aren't on the top ten list for last year. I have lived here for over 20 years, and not one single thing has ever happened. You claim crime followed you all over the Metro, no matter where you were.

You have an obvious axe to grind with Atlanta for some reason, and I'm not buying it.

I don't have customer service issues here either. Never have, with the exception of the infamous Popeye's at Ponce & Boulevard. I guess I project positivity, because 99% of time that's how I am treated from one end of town to the other.

I'm not buying these ridiculous claims of universally horrid customer service by either of you. That is not my reality, and it doesn't seem to be anyone else's either.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:43 PM

23,052 posts, read 35,003,509 times
Quote:
Funny, we aren't on the top ten list for last year. I have lived here for over 20 years, and not one single thing has ever happened. You claim crime followed you all over the Metro, no matter where you were.

You have an obvious axe to grind with Atlanta for some reason, and I'm not buying it.

I don't have customer service issues here either. Never have, with the exception of the infamous Popeye's at Ponce & Boulevard. I guess I project positivity, because 99% of time that's how I am treated from one end of town to the other.

I'm not buying these ridiculous claims of universally horrid customer service by either of you. That is not my reality, and it doesn't seem to be anyone else's either.
You know how it is. Tell the same lies over and over and somehow they eventually become the truth.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:47 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,912,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
You know how it is. Tell the same lies over and over and somehow they eventually become the truth.
Didn't Hitler try that once did not work out well for him in the end lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta