Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:55 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,197,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Funny, we aren't on the top ten list for last year. I have lived here for over 20 years, and not one single thing has ever happened. You claim crime followed you all over the Metro, no matter where you were.

You have an obvious axe to grind with Atlanta for some reason, and I'm not buying it.

I don't have customer service issues here either. Never have, with the exception of the infamous Popeye's at Ponce & Boulevard. I guess I project positivity, because 99% of time that's how I am treated from one end of town to the other.

I'm not buying these ridiculous claims of universally horrid customer service by either of you. That is not my reality, and it doesn't seem to be anyone else's either.

Why do you take it so personally? People have different experiences. I moved to Atlanta with no specific expectations and a positive attitude to make a life there and it was just one bad or bizarre experience after another despite my efforts to make it work.

I don't have an axe to grind, but I do feel that the boosters in this forum don't like to give all the facts both good and bad about Atlanta, and those considering moving there need better, more honest information. That is all.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:55 PM

560 posts, read 663,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Atlanta being on the most dangerous cities list for like 20 years is a ridiculous and false claim by who, The FBI?!
Why do you routinely bring this up when the Chicago MSA has an even higher homicide rate than the Atlanta MSA?

I ask because you're forever praising Chicago on these forums even though the Chicago metro has a higher murder rate AND a higher unemployment rate than the Atlanta metro.

Why don't you ever take your almighty Chicago to task for these failings?

Metro Homicide Rates:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...abledatadecpdf

Metro Unemployment Rates:

Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

Fact is, you spend an inordinate amount of time on a website attacking a city for issues that are less severe than another city you love dearly. If you didn't always remind us how Chicago has better transit to the suburbs, blah, blah, blah, etc etc, I wouldn't be asking you this.

Just to recap: You love Chicago. You love to remind people how awful Atlanta is even though you don't live here any more (which seems like a terrible waste of time in my opinion) AND you continually call out Atlanta over issues that are EVEN WORSE in Chicago. Again, EVEN WORSE in Chicago. One more time: Even Worse.

Can you explain that?

Old 04-24-2015, 02:15 PM

23,374 posts, read 43,853,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
Why do you routinely bring this up when the Chicago MSA has an even higher homicide rate than the Atlanta MSA?

I ask because you're forever praising Chicago on these forums even though the Chicago metro has a higher murder rate AND a higher unemployment rate than the Atlanta metro.

Why don't you ever take your almighty Chicago to task for these failings?

Metro Homicide Rates:

FBI — Table 6

Metro Unemployment Rates:

Unemployment Rates for Metropolitan Areas

Fact is, you spend an inordinate amount of time on a website attacking a city for issues that are less severe than another city you love dearly. If you didn't always remind us how Chicago has better transit to the suburbs, blah, blah, blah, etc etc, I wouldn't be asking you this.

Just to recap: You love Chicago. You love to remind people how awful Atlanta is even though you don't live here any more (which seems like a terrible waste of time in my opinion) AND you continually call out Atlanta over issues that are EVEN WORSE in Chicago. Again, EVEN WORSE in Chicago. One more time: Even Worse.

Can you explain that?
HA HA ( Nelson laugh)

Old 04-24-2015, 02:19 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,850,661 times
Quote:
Why do you take it so personally? People have different experiences. I moved to Atlanta with no specific expectations and a positive attitude to make a life there and it was just one bad or bizarre experience after another despite my efforts to make it work.

I don't have an axe to grind, but I do feel that the boosters in this forum don't like to give all the facts both good and bad about Atlanta, and those considering moving there need better, more honest information. That is all.
I don't take it personally. And yes, a lot of people come here for advice and info. You portraying Atlanta continually as some hell on earth is spreading misinformation. It needs to be challenged, and will be.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:43 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,303,256 times
Quote:
You do have an axe to grind. I am not sure why you wont just be honest about it.

If you didn't you would 1. actually say something positive about this metro and 2. you wouldn't come in here so much spewing negativity knowing darn well you hated it and left. None of us are stupid and you should quit pretending like you don't have any grudge against the Atlanta metro coming in here constantly.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:54 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,991,126 times
Quote:

The problem is that your experiences don't translate to "facts both good and bad about Atlanta". Don't you get that? You can state your experiences all day - I have had plenty of bad customer service experiences myself (everyone has) - but the problem is that you try to pin it on an entire city as if it is the general rule. For every bad experience someone has in any city, I will guarantee you that there are 20 or more good ones. The bad ones just tend to stand out in our minds, but most people know better than to make an assumption about their city based on that.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:01 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,197,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
You do have an axe to grind. I am not sure why you wont just be honest about it.

If you didn't you would 1. actually say something positive about this metro and 2. you wouldn't come in here so much spewing negativity knowing darn well you hated it and left. None of us are stupid and you should quit pretending like you don't have any grudge against the Atlanta metro coming in here constantly.
I have said positive things about the metro. I have also talked about the things I like about Atlanta.

I have nothing to hide and I'm pretty direct about my thoughts and experiences on here. It's just that people on here don't like that I share them.

I think Atlanta is good but only for a handful of demographics. And I've been pretty forward about that as well.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:17 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,991,126 times
Quote:
I have said positive things about the metro. I have also talked about the things I like about Atlanta.

I have nothing to hide and I'm pretty direct about my thoughts and experiences on here. It's just that people on here don't like that I share them.

I think Atlanta is good but only for a handful of demographics. And I've been pretty forward about that as well.
What are those demographics? I seriously doubt you'll find many people that agree with you on that. Atlanta (and any city) is what you make of it. You don't have to be of a certain age, race, gender, etc. to enjoy life anywhere. But if you come in with that attitude that's probably what you'll leave with.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:21 PM

6,495 posts, read 6,083,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
What are those demographics? I seriously doubt you'll find many people that agree with you on that. Atlanta (and any city) is what you make of it. You don't have to be of a certain age, race, gender, etc. to enjoy life anywhere. But if you come in with that attitude that's probably what you'll leave with.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:27 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,303,256 times
Quote:

Will you say something nice about Atlanta now? I just want to know you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta