U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 11:01 AM

15 posts, read 60,835 times

Advertisements

Someone once told me a website I could go to for reviews on apartment buildings and I have forgotten it. Is there another site other than apartmentratings.com? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,144,835 times
There's Apartment Ratings and Reviews - Get Informed and Rent Smarter but I haven't read many of the comments on there in a while. I think it's pretty much the same as the apartment ratings site. There is also Apartment Ratings and Reviews, or Review and give a Rating for Apartments but once again, I think they're all pretty much the same.

Use these with common sense, though. People are three times more likely to complain then they are to go out of their way to post a compliment, so a place might be halfway decent but appear bad due to a few hard to deal with residents that post poor reviews. Look for similarities in the posts to see how bad a place is. Like if it only has a 30% approval rating but 90% of the posts talks about a roach problem, then yeah, there probably is a roach problem. If there are posts like "this sucks", then I take them with a grain of salt.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:29 PM

15 posts, read 60,835 times
thanks! yea these websites had me thinking i'd never find a decent place in alpharetta!

Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 4,482 times
I have read many reviews about Herrington Woods Apartments in Lawrenceville, GA and have decided to give my review since I am ending my lease with them. If you are thinking of becoming a resident or are a resident of Herrington Woods Apartments, then I only ask for you to read this review in its entirety. I’ve been a resident of Herrington Woods Apartments since August 2007 and have rented a townhome. It’s a nice townhome; cosmetic changes to the outside of the community have been made, but none in the inside. The previous director, Michelle, which was here before was very cold and at times rude including a couple of her staff. The current director, Rubi and her staff are a bit more pleasant and somewhat understanding. I encourage you all, before considering a residence here, BE SURE that you can make your monthly payments because they’re help is very minimal and the costs are truly EXPENSIVE! I have called maintenance several times over on problems inside the townhome and it has never been resolved. For example, my dishwasher kept flooding and they kept trying to repair it and it still didn’t work. Instead of replacing the dishwasher, they decided to just leave it un-repaired. Another one of the complaints is the filter for the air duct which is supposed to be changed every six months. It took for me to go down there and ask for a filter for it to be changed. You may think this is petty, but they are supposed to come and do a check and necessary changes every six months and NEVER DO!!! So DON’T EXPECT for them to do to anything or even put in a “ticket” for a repair…but this may change after this review. A previous resident in the community whose townhome was broken into and robbed of their possessions; there were no letters on the doors from management stating the incident so other residents can be aware that there are break ins in the community. Police are here almost on an everyday basis and recently on a raid in the apartments in the back. Management are so QUICK to put a notice on your door on your lateness for monthly payment, but never to WARN you of life matter issues that is a concern of their residents. But PLEASE, don’t think it’s all the management’s fault….OH NO! Let me give you an inside description of what is done in every apartment complex. The OWNERS of the complex hires management companies, such as Concord Management to run their property, collect payment, etc. When you, as a resident, complain to the management company, it’s just a WASTE OF YOUR TIME! You are just complaining to them about what they do and don’t do, but not to whom the property really matters to the most….THE OWNERS. Yeah, they’re probably out-of-state owners and don’t know anything. WHY? Because the management company running the property gets your complaints…NOT THEM. And, oh boy!!!...If they do in fact do get the complaints, SHAME ON THEM!!!! But of course, they’ll deny it just to cover their own rear ends! And what do they care anyways because after paying B.S. expenses and debt services, they are living off of YOUR MONEY, AKA CASH FLOW! So yes, Herrington Woods and their “so called” management company can do as many “tenant appreciation days” or “move-in specials” to keep and bring people in, but I tell you this…DON’T BE FOOLED BY HOW NICE IT LOOKS....THIS IS THE HOOD!!!! And they can try to make changes as much as they want, but it takes a good management company and owner’s who care to make a difference. I would rather YOU, who are reading this to invest in your own home or go elsewhere…hopefully to where it’s GATED!! Love & Peace…GOD BLESS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta