U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2015, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Atlanta and St Simons Island, GA
20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Reputation: 12537

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Decatur is the worst.

Roving bands of book lovers blocking off the streets.
https://www.decaturbookfestival.com/2014/index.php
https://www.facebook.com/DecaturBook...=page_internal

Would you want this to happen to your child?
https://www.facebook.com/DecaturBook...52606836673815



Then every year some kooks pour sand on the street so no one can get by and insist they're having a "beach party". Check out the picture of the rioters.
Decatur Business Association Ľ Decatur Beach Party

There have been so many beer drinkers wandering around the police couldn't arrest them all, so they had to block off the streets and make a virtual beer ghetto.
Decatur Craft Beer Festival | Decatur, Georgia
Look at the shamelessness
https://www.facebook.com/DecBeerFest...=page_internal


Can a ghetto get any worst than what has happened to Decatur?
I know, right? The only problem Decatur has is that it is zip code challenged. This thread is appalling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2015, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,442 posts, read 2,816,679 times
Reputation: 2148
Clayco is absolutely the worst county in Georgia. Their scools do worser than scools in Misisipi. And tose ugly a** subdivisions with pools and clubs in them. Southlake is basicly the gold teeth super store. Never come to clayco. #claycohoe
Attached Thumbnails
ATLANTA GHETTO BURB..Who are they?(East Point,College Park,Decatur, etc.) They may have become this in the past 10 years-download-1-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 02:25 PM
 
1,979 posts, read 1,699,179 times
Reputation: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Clayco is absolutely the worst county in Georgia. Their scools do worser than scools in Misisipi. And tose ugly a** subdivisions with pools and clubs in them. Southlake is basicly the gold teeth super store. Never come to clayco. #claycohoe
hahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Lake Spivey, Georgia
1,841 posts, read 1,252,650 times
Reputation: 1948
I know that y'all intended to be light hearted, but Clayton County really is one of the jewels of Metro Atlanta! Diverse, vibrant, convenient, and affordable. The stars are rising for Clayton County. I have said it before, come and see the wonders of Clayton County: World's Largest State Farmers Market in Forest Park, scenic natural beauty at Reynolds Nature Preserve in Morrow, ethnic shops from all over the planet along Jonesboro Road in Forest Park, Lake City, and Morrow, charming midcentury neighborhoods in those same trio of cities, Community path system in the City of Morrow, Jesters Creek Trail through Central Clayton, Clayton County Water Park/ lakeside mansions of the Lake Spivey area, world class concert hall at Spivey Hall on the Clayton State campus in Morrow, Home of Gone with the Wind, amazing upcountry plantation tourist village at Stately Oak Plantation in Jonesboro, charm of the Rex Mill Village in Northeast Clayton, refreshingly rural panhandle area in the southern part of the county, all this with access to interstate 75, the Hartsfield/Jackson Airport (which lies mostly in Clayton County despite being a City of Atlanta owned asset), and Downtown/ Midtown Atlanta. Take your "ghetto suburb" list elsewhere; we do not want or deserve that moniker in Clayton County, the crown jewel of the Southside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis, IN
561 posts, read 798,080 times
Reputation: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Clayco is absolutely the worst county in Georgia. Their scools do worser than scools in Misisipi. And tose ugly a** subdivisions with pools and clubs in them. Southlake is basicly the gold teeth super store. Never come to clayco. #claycohoe
You spelled "subdivisions" correctly, but spelled "schools" wrong. That's hilarious in itself...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 05:53 PM
 
1,979 posts, read 1,699,179 times
Reputation: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
I know that y'all intended to be light hearted, but Clayton County really is one of the jewels of Metro Atlanta! Diverse, vibrant, convenient, and affordable. The stars are rising for Clayton County. I have said it before, come and see the wonders of Clayton County: World's Largest State Farmers Market in Forest Park, scenic natural beauty at Reynolds Nature Preserve in Morrow, ethnic shops from all over the planet along Jonesboro Road in Forest Park, Lake City, and Morrow, charming midcentury neighborhoods in those same trio of cities, Community path system in the City of Morrow, Jesters Creek Trail through Central Clayton, Clayton County Water Park/ lakeside mansions of the Lake Spivey area, world class concert hall at Spivey Hall on the Clayton State campus in Morrow, Home of Gone with the Wind, amazing upcountry plantation tourist village at Stately Oak Plantation in Jonesboro, charm of the Rex Mill Village in Northeast Clayton, refreshingly rural panhandle area in the southern part of the county, all this with access to interstate 75, the Hartsfield/Jackson Airport (which lies mostly in Clayton County despite being a City of Atlanta owned asset), and Downtown/ Midtown Atlanta. Take your "ghetto suburb" list elsewhere; we do not want or deserve that moniker in Clayton County, the crown jewel of the Southside.

Shoot, I might need to come visit Clayton. That Mill Village has me intrigued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Atlanta and St Simons Island, GA
20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Reputation: 12537
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrob View Post
You spelled "subdivisions" correctly, but spelled "schools" wrong. That's hilarious in itself...LOL
Spellchecker gone right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 07:50 PM
 
6,612 posts, read 6,535,632 times
Reputation: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
College Park is a total dump.

I get robbed at least once a quarter. Very dangerous. Stay away.
You obviously haven't seen all of College Park if that is your perception of it. You know that most cities and towns have nice areas and bad areas, and CP is no exception. The area around Woodward Academy is beautiful - Rugby Ave could easily be in Virginia-Highland. You should know better than to act as if all of College Park is like Old National Highway. The downtown area is historic and really cute.

I'm hoping your comment was sarcasm.

I know that East Point and College Park have seen big improvements in the last 20 years...gentrification hit around the mid-90s but was derailed some by the recession. The both have nice walkable downtowns and some beautiful historic neighborhoods nearby, and they are not the danger zones that ignorant people sometimes make them out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2015, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,244 posts, read 4,374,197 times
Reputation: 2723
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
You obviously haven't seen all of College Park if that is your perception of it. You know that most cities and towns have nice areas and bad areas, and CP is no exception. The area around Woodward Academy is beautiful - Rugby Ave could easily be in Virginia-Highland. You should know better than to act as if all of College Park is like Old National Highway. The downtown area is historic and really cute.

I'm hoping your comment was sarcasm.

I know that East Point and College Park have seen big improvements in the last 20 years...gentrification hit around the mid-90s but was derailed some by the recession. The both have nice walkable downtowns and some beautiful historic neighborhoods nearby, and they are not the danger zones that ignorant people sometimes make them out to be.
No sarcasm Joe. Check my location. I'm just a masochist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2015, 01:51 PM
 
6,612 posts, read 6,535,632 times
Reputation: 4045
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
No sarcasm Joe. Check my location. I'm just a masochist.
Do you know the Rugby Avenue area of College Park near downtown? It's beautiful, and doesn't seem dangerous at all. I lived in a similar neighborhood near downtown East Point for almost 20 years, and found it to be very safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top