U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:38 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,374,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Buckhead View Post
I'm a native. Here in my opinion are the 'ghetto burbs':

All of South Fulton
All of Clayton
Basically the whole of the southern suburbs with the exception of Peachtree City
All of Rockdale/Conyers these days
Most of Dekalb with the exception of Dunwoody, Druid Hills, Tucker, Brookhaven and Decatur
South Cobb, Powder Springs, Lithia Springs, Mableton, Austell, Vinings, Smyrna area
All of Gwinnett beside Duluth and maybe Suwanee

Frankly it's quicker to list the non-ghetto burbs:
North Fulton
Forsyth
East Cobb/Marietta (mostly)
Kennesaw
Peachtree City
Hiram and Dallas
You're clearly not familiar with the area. Wow, troll much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 08:40 AM

1,061 posts, read 878,583 times
"Ghetto." The most overused word ever.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,374,197 times
Quote:
I still live here and drive around everyday. I'm actually in Brookhaven right now.

I don't know if y'all are delusional or are trying to sell real estate but to say that North Fayetteville County is nice just blows my mind, nice compared to Bankhead Courts in the mid 90s perhaps but that ain't sayin' much.
Are you confusing Black with ghetto? Because that's what it sounds like you're doing. Justify this statement about North Fayette County. I don't recall any 400k houses in or around Bankhead Courts. Wowowowow

Old 06-03-2015, 08:43 AM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
I still live here and drive around everyday. I'm actually in Brookhaven right now.

I don't know if y'all are delusional or are trying to sell real estate but to say that North Fayetteville County is nice just blows my mind, nice compared to Bankhead Courts in the mid 90s perhaps but that ain't sayin' much. I have avoided posting on the Atlanta forum of this site until today because I have seen people say the most foolish things like how "Forest Park or Stone Mountain are safe and great communities" again great and safe compared to what? Cause it's positively 3rd world compared to where I live now with my son in Garden Hills which isn't even close to the nicest part of Buckhead.

A year ago I was almost tempted to purchase in the area zoned for Forsyth Central, it's beautiful there but my father talked me out of it by saying that at one time even the ghettoiest ghettoes in like College Park were once shiny and new, and if the "demographic history" of suburban Metro Atlanta is any indication of what will happen eventually even Cumming will succumb to "the flood" and become another "ghetto burb". The only places I think are safe are places in North Fulton and North Atlanta, which have concentrations of real wealth and are established and too pricey for Tanqueesha and her 5 fatherless children to get a place with her voucher.
Well, alrighty then...

Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 AM

378 posts, read 308,631 times
Quote:
The only places I think are safe are places in North Fulton and North Atlanta, which have concentrations of real wealth and are established and too pricey for Tanqueesha and her 5 fatherless children to get a place with her voucher.
Wow, now I see what you're really on about.
I'm done here.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 AM

82 posts, read 81,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Are you confusing Black with ghetto? Because that's what it sounds like you're doing. Justify this statement about North Fayette County. I don't recall any 400k houses in or around Bankhead Courts. Wowowowow
Your profile says you live in College Park, obviously we have different standards of what a safe neighborhood is. I'm honestly afraid to drive through CP.

I might have a different standard of what ghetto is but year pretty much all of the suburban areas outside Forsyth, North Fulton and East Cobb with a few others I mentioned earlier ARE ghetto to me. Take that however you want. For the record I don't find the black folks in Alpharetta or Milton ghetto, the ones in Lithonia hel.l yes I do.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM

13,094 posts, read 15,900,406 times
Quote:

I don't know if y'all are delusional or are trying to sell real estate but to say that North Fayetteville County is nice just blows my mind, nice compared to Bankhead Courts in the mid 90s perhaps but that ain't sayin' much. I have avoided posting on the Atlanta forum of this site until today because I have seen people say the most foolish things like how "Forest Park or Stone Mountain are safe and great communities" again great and safe compared to what? Cause it's positively 3rd world compared to where I live now with my son in Garden Hills which isn't even close to the nicest part of Buckhead.

A year ago I was almost tempted to purchase in the area zoned for Forsyth Central, it's beautiful there but my father talked me out of it by saying that at one time even the ghettoiest ghettoes in like College Park were once shiny and new, and if the "demographic history" of suburban Metro Atlanta is any indication of what will happen eventually even Cumming will succumb to "the flood" and become another "ghetto burb". The only places I think are safe are places in North Fulton and North Atlanta, which have concentrations of real wealth and are established and too pricey for Tanqueesha and her 5 fatherless children to get a place with her voucher.
Uh ... it's FAYETTE COUNTY Danny boy, not FAYETTEVILLE COUNTY. And yes, the North Fayette area is pretty nice. Big homes on large lots, good schools, low crime, minutes from the airport. When you cross the county line from any direction, the landscape changes. Fayette County zoning and development codes are among the strictest in the nation and were created to maintain a pastoral, semi-rural atmosphere. Commercial development is limited to the cities. Home lots are large. Multi-family developments and rental property is discouraged. There are only a handful of apartment complexes. In a nutshell, there is no low-income housing to speak of in Fayette County -- which has the 2nd-highest median household and median family income in the state after Forsyth.

So yeah ... basically you're clueless ... and a bigot. Which makes absolutely perfect sense now that i think on it!

Old 06-03-2015, 09:07 AM

13,094 posts, read 15,900,406 times
Quote:
I'm honestly afraid to drive through CP.
So I guess you take MARTA to the airport then?

Old 06-03-2015, 09:09 AM

44,564 posts, read 43,091,728 times
To me, these are the "ghetto burbs".

Clayton County
Parts of DeKalb County(Stone Mountain, Doraville, Chamblee)
South Fulton
Norcross

Another place I would not want to live in right now: Paulding. I currently live there due to economic reasons, but as soon as I save some money, I'm gone, and I don't plan to return there again.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:20 AM

82 posts, read 81,371 times
Oh yes, you must silence me so your real estate in Union City or Fayetteville or Stone Mountain will get sold. Easiest way to do that is to call me a racist.

I checked the demographics of Fayette County HS, 35% on subsidized lunch....such a great school!

And no I don't take MARTA except from my area to Midtown or to Decatur, wouldn't ever go that far south I don't wanna die! As for driving in CP to the Airport, I'm not a big flyer but when I do I take a cab and take 285 or 85, wouldn't ever drive on the side streets there. Have you ever seen the opening scene from Snow on the Bluff? I would prefer that not happen to me yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or