Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 04:18 PM

764 posts, read 1,109,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post

In my opinion and of course this is my opinion but i just feel like Georgia in General doesn't maintain its landscaping well. Not well kept or manicured at all and you Notice it once you Cross the State line. On a more local scale, ride down Riverdale Rd. in Clayton County and you see every thing and its not just landscaping issues to be a Suburban Area.
Are you kidding me? Some of the suburbs of Atlanta are some of the best landscaped places on earth (and yes, I have traveled outside of the U.S.) In Cobb County, every major county maintained road (this doesn't include U.S. 41) has a landscaped median which includes Bermuda grass (with no weeds!), trees and shrubs. On the sides of these roads, there are sidewalks with shrubs and decorative street lighting.

GA D.O.T does an excellent job of landscaping the interchanges, too.

If you want to see a great example of this landscaping, take the Paces Ferry Rd. exit off 285 and in both directions, there is extensive landscaping in the road medians..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 02:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times
Quote:
In my opinion and of course this is my opinion but i just feel like Georgia in General doesn't maintain its landscaping well. On a more local scale, ride down Riverdale Rd. in Clayton County and you see every thing and its not just landscaping issues to be a Suburban Area.
Riverdale Rd is pretty much an urban street, so that's not a good example. There are many streets in Atlanta that are down right beautiful.(see Freedom Pkwy). Even in Clayton, you can drive down Forest Pkwy, Lake Spivey Pkwy, Walt Stevens Rd, Jodeco Rd, Panhandle Rd, you will see some of the most beautiful roads in the country.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:21 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hautemomma View Post
I wouldn't totally classify Austell as a "ghetto burb," but it lacks any appeal IMO. It seems like it's close to going downhill and looks the worst of all the Cobb communities I've seen.
you know, you may be right. AUSTELL might be the worst of Cobb.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:00 PM

186 posts, read 349,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Riverdale Rd is pretty much an urban street, so that's not a good example. There are many streets in Atlanta that are down right beautiful.(see Freedom Pkwy). Even in Clayton, you can drive down Forest Pkwy, Lake Spivey Pkwy, Walt Stevens Rd, Jodeco Rd, Panhandle Rd, you will see some of the most beautiful roads in the country.
I want to add GardenWalk to this list of beautiful streets in Clayco. I am from NC and we had swamps everywhere. Not to many here because of the granite underground. But Gardenwalk is an absolutely stunning set of swamps especially on the new extenstion to Upper Riverdale. I saw a humongous turtle for the past to days in my breezeway for my apartment off of Gardenwalk. I wish they would turn that swamp into a park and have walking trails, boardwalks how we have back home, to explore the swamps without disturbing the ecosystem to much.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:49 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,476,947 times
Young Teen Killed in East Point, prime example of how bad some ATL Suburbs can be. Some burbs way worse than the City...

Mother pleads for information in triple shooting that killed son | www.wsbtv.com

Old 07-21-2015, 04:09 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,252 times
Quote:
Young Teen Killed in East Point, prime example of how bad some ATL Suburbs can be. Some burbs way worse than the City...

Mother pleads for information in triple shooting that killed son | www.wsbtv.com

Yeah...except this was a drive-through right on the East Point/Atlanta border. Apparently whoever did this carjacked someone in Clayton County, found a gun in the glove compartment, and has been on a violent crime spree through out South Fulton (Union City for sure - but WSB just did a piece with the full details as of now) and Douglas County for the last week.

So don't try to make it about East Point - EPPD just managed to put all the pieces together. Also wasn't a random shooting. Apparently one of the people that was injured was the real target. I'm about sick of these teenagers wreaking havoc this summer though. Just causing all sorts of damage and really violent this year.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:21 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
So, 12 pages in. Have we finally come up with a clear answer to OP's question - ATLANTA GHETTO BURB..Who are they?

Old 07-21-2015, 04:50 PM

364 posts, read 418,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
So, 12 pages in. Have we finally come up with a clear answer to OP's question - ATLANTA GHETTO BURB..Who are they?

Anything south and west.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:01 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Anything south and west.
East is pretty bad too.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Don't get me started about the North!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta